RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all. Just posting on this issue again. I have had this code for some time and I live in MA. Which means any code whatsoever will fail my inspection. Here are the things I've attempted to do. Clear the code and complete a drive cycle. Clear any possible obstructions from the air intake box and MAF sensor. Check and clear the terminals for the MAF wire harness and connector. Replace MAF sensor. Finally the last thing I tried doing is checking for a short to ground on the K68 pin connector for the inlet pressure sensor according to the attached wiring diagram. I noticed some resistance but that's not necessarily indicative of anything. I can't get rid of this code and I cant take it to a dodge dealer otherwise they'll void my warranty because I have a GDE tune my truck(which works amazingly btw). Any advise anyone could give would be greatly appreciated. View attachment new doc 2018-11-30 11.33.43-20181130113353.pdf View attachment IMG-0310.pdf

·
Registered
454 Posts
On your posted diagram you have a sensor boost pressure, have you checked its connections?
That is why I don't have a tune on mine, I have contemplated it but having to have a spare ECM seems expensive.

·
Administrator
9,648 Posts
Hey all. Just posting on this issue again. I have had this code for some time and I live in MA. Which means any code whatsoever will fail my inspection. Here are the things I've attempted to do. Clear the code and complete a drive cycle. Clear any possible obstructions from the air intake box and MAF sensor. Check and clear the terminals for the MAF wire harness and connector. Replace MAF sensor. Finally the last thing I tried doing is checking for a short to ground on the K68 pin connector for the inlet pressure sensor according to the attached wiring diagram. I noticed some resistance but that's not necessarily indicative of anything. I can't get rid of this code and I cant take it to a dodge dealer otherwise they'll void my warranty because I have a GDE tune my truck(which works amazingly btw). Any advise anyone could give would be greatly appreciated. View attachment 76856 View attachment 76858
Ask GDE what they think might be causing the CEL.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well I did check the connections and I can't seem to find anything visibly wrong such as. Broken wires, corrosion near or around connectors or wires so I'm basically lost. Ill ask GDE if they have any ideas but the thing is I had this code before I installed GDE's tune on my truck, so it has absolutely nothing to do with them. In fact putting in their ECU eliminated a code that I was getting before for another condition.

·
Administrator
9,648 Posts
Well I did check the connections and I can't seem to find anything visibly wrong such as. Broken wires, corrosion near or around connectors or wires so I'm basically lost. Ill ask GDE if they have any ideas but the thing is I had this code before I installed GDE's tune on my truck, so it has absolutely nothing to do with them. In fact putting in their ECU eliminated a code that I was getting before for another condition.
Oh in that case no sense in getting GDE involved.

·
Registered
100 Posts
You probably need to replace the boost pressure sensor. The fault code is being set because the ECU is getting an erroneous value. The most likely cause is going to be the sensor itself (assuming you've already checked the connections.)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You know it's funny you mention that. I did replace the sensor, and still nothing. checked the connectors, and yet nothing. But when I installed the GDE Hot Tune for my truck, which deleted the EGR, The codes disappeared out of the blue. I can't make heads or tails of it. I had two permanent codes, both for things that I thought I knew the root cause of. One was P012C, the other P06DB(because of the oil catch can I installed). However when I installed the new ECU with the tune, both codes disappeared over time. My theory is that GDE programed the ECU with the forethought that most people will install a cold air intake that may normally cause a trip 2 code, or likewise most people will want to install an oil catch can to prevent crankcase oil vapor from coking up the turbocharger and so programed the ECU to ignore those codes. That's just my theory behind it. What do you think?

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
I believe the catch can is causing the issue. There is a youtube video that was posted by (moparecodiesel) showing how to plumb a catch can to not give the code. Not all dealers will fail you. I've actually talked to my dealer about having the GDE tune and they are fine with it. I'm in Maine, though. Perhaps you can find the youtube video, I'm sorry, don't have a link ok search (2014 RAM ECODIESEL VM MOTORI 3.0 L ECODIESEL OIL SEPARATOR-CCV MOD NO-CEL)

·
Registered
49 Posts
I would reckon they won't fail you. They probably won't even realize you're tuned. I'm sure the dealer will already have a pretty decent guess on what's causing this problem based on what you've said here.

And.. even if they do void your warranty for being tuned, at least you've crossed that bridge and don't have to wonder anymore. Plus they'll still tell you what's wrong and you can get the work done somewhere cheaper.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts