RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2015 Eco Ram 1500 4x4
I just replaced the MAP sensor as it was sooted up about 4 weeks ago. 2 weeks go by and I took it to the dealer for the P0234 and P2459 codes, they performed the EGR recall, and did a manual regen "de-soot" and the same codes popped up less than one week later. Dealer of curse can't get me in until the 13th. I know the DPF and turbo are covered under the extended AEM. Should I just push them to replace both? Is there some other potential problem seeing both these at once?

Thanks!
KW

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
You probably have an issue other than the turbo and its causing those codes. Did those codes happen before the new map sensor? Have you monitored expected vs actual map pressures?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had the SETC code and same codes when I changed MAP sensor. Ran perfect for a week or so after. 2 hrs into a 2.5 hr drive it said my dpf was 100% full. Found a mechanic to manually regen. I did get to 90% on the dpf and it successfully regen'd on the road. Then I took it to dealer for the egr cooler recall and I'm back to this. I have a scan tool but not sure I can monitor boost pressure. Do you think it could be a faulty map sensor ?

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Its seeing map pressures higher than expected which is odd. Makes me wonder if something is wrong with the vgt actuator but its hard to say and well require troubleshooting. The dpf code is probably a secondary issue caused by the over boost but could still require a new dpf.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Dealer I go to is clueless. I have no confidence they will do anything but run a manual regen and call it good.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts