RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to try to reach out to the pros one more time. I have read every single post on this site about 4 times that has p026d mentioned and I'm still clueless about what is going on. I've had an assortment of engine-related issues since I've owned it, so I purchased the recent GDE EPA compliant tune. That seemed to keep a lot of issues away for a while until I received this pesky p026d code. I've talked with GDE a couple times about it with no real answer. I've switched back to the stock tune and driven hundreds of miles with many starts and the CEL won't come back on with the stock tune. I've cleared the code on GDE tune and it comes back on within 2 starts. I just recently pulled the MAP sensor and cleaned it. It was dirty but not completely clogged. It actually drove 80 miles and 5 starts before CEL came back on this time (which is an improvement). But I'm not sure what else to check. Fuel filter is the next option that I've read about. Anybody else have any ideas? Is there such thing as a bad GDE tune? Or do they do any updates that may be able to fix it?

·
Registered
75 Posts
I experienced the exact same issue. P026D code with tune. Code would not appear with stock tune and no way for dealer to address with no code. GDE told me the same thing they told you. My CEL would only show while towing. Approx 5K after first experiencing code the bottom end went out of my stock engine at 63K. 13K later worth new engine I have not had code reappear. Probably isn't any help to you and I hpoe you don't have the same end result. Just thought I'd throw that out there.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I see a reference online tjat said cleaning the map sensor fixed it
Yeah, I did that and it kept the CEL off for a few days but came back on.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I experienced the exact same issue. P026D code with tune. Code would not appear with stock tune and no way for dealer to address with no code. GDE told me the same thing they told you. My CEL would only show while towing. Approx 5K after first experiencing code the bottom end went out of my stock engine at 63K. 13K later worth new engine I have not had code reappear. Probably isn't any help to you and I hpoe you don't have the same end result. Just thought I'd throw that out there.

So I wonder where the commonality could be. This engine was also replaced and only has about 10k miles on it. I haven't noticed a significant change in fuel mileage. Is there any chance it could be a tuner issue?

·
Registered
75 Posts
I had same GDE Compliant tune on both engines. I wish I could come up with an intelligent answer but all I have is questions and some similar experiences .

1 - 7 of 7 Posts