RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tonight my 2014 Ram Ecodiesel GDE tuned , check engine light p0403 code came on . ( open EGR valve ) . What does this mean ?

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It means you have an old tune and there is a wiring issue causing an open circuit with the egr wiring.
Yes my tune is old . One of the first 80 tunes sold by GDE . Right after my AEM flash I tried to to the updated version from GDE but as we all know they are no longer available. Can anyone help me with this so called WIRING issue? I do have my original ecu that has the FCA updated flash and the 48000 mile warranty.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes my tune is old . One of the first 80 tunes sold by GDE . Right after my AEM flash I tried to to the updated version from GDE but as we all know they are no longer available. Can anyone help me with this so called WIRING issue? I do have my original ecu that has the FCA updated flash and the 48000 mile warranty.
Will it be ok to drive the truck like this ? What can I expect ?

·
Registered
12,998 Posts
Check your main wiring connector under the driver's seat frame. Make sure your battery is good. HD Diesel in Canada could be the solution if you don't find it.

Now post this on the main Ecodiesel section instead of the Generation 3 one. When I saw this I said - Oh oh...Trouble in paradise for a new one. Been saying the moderators should change the title of this section to "2020 + Generation 3 Ecodiesels" or something like that. Too easy to make the mistake and post here on the older models.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Check your main wiring connector under the driver's seat frame. Make sure your battery is good. HD Diesel in Canada could be the solution if you don't find it.

Now post this on the main Ecodiesel section instead of the Generation 3 one. When I saw this I said - Oh oh...Trouble in paradise for a new one. Been saying the moderators should change the title of this section to "2020 + Generation 3 Ecodiesels" or something like that. Too easy to make the mistake and post here on the older models.
Thanks Captain. I did not realize that I was on the 3rd gen section. The battery is good only one year old. Under driver’s seat frame , I assume you mean under the truck outside . If the egr circuit is OPEN doesn’t t mean that the gases will not go into the intake ?

·
Registered
12,998 Posts
Thanks Captain. I did not realize that I was on the 3rd gen section. The battery is good only one year old. Under driver’s seat frame , I assume you mean under the truck outside . If the egr circuit is OPEN doesn’t t mean that the gases will not go into the intake ?
That would depend on if the EGR valve is open when the circuit is open. That is something for the great minds on the forum to comment on. If stuck open you are inviting a fire as the intake then overheats and burns holes out.

Yes. That main electrical connector is next to the frame underneath on the drivers' side. I am waiting for a new Apple keyboard that is now three days overdue. Some keys on this one have stopped working. Delete and backspace are two of them. It is one of those Bluetooth keyboards and bloody heck to work with when some function keys do not work. Sometime I write nonsense and strain to make the correction. That connector is under the driver seat area next to a main frame visible from under the truck.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That would depend on if the EGR valve is open when the circuit is open. That is something for the great minds on the forum to comment on. If stuck open you are inviting a fire as the intake then overheats and burns holes out.

Yes. That main electrical connector is next to the frame underneath on the drivers' side. I am waiting for a new Apple keyboard that is now three days overdue. Some keys on this one have stopped working. Delete and backspace are two of them. It is one of those Bluetooth keyboards and bloody heck to work with when some function keys do not work. Sometime I write nonsense and strain to make the correction. That connector is under the driver seat area next to a main frame visible from under the truck.
Are there any GREAT minds out there? 🤓

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
First thing would be to inspect the wiring the the egr which is simple. I'll attach all alldata shot for that but it might require an ecm update to ignore it which well be difficult.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
The egr valve is closed the problem is an open in the electrical circuit. The early gde tunes were not setup for full removal and still keeps the diagnostic for the egr intact. The only thing this code well cause is a cel.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
So it’s just a cell light on my dash ? No problems ? I will clear it with my Edge Insight . Thank you for the reply

1 - 13 of 13 Posts