RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Threw the p20ee code on Sunday, was gonna clear it but decided to let the dealer do it. Had an appointment scheduled for this morning, they just called and said they were doing a flash update and replacing the SCR Cat. Parts will be here tomorrow. I know several have had this issue, just wondering how these fixes have held up? Once again the exhaust system seems to be 99% of the issues with these trucks.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Capt,

Thanks for responding, that means ours we'll have been done right about the same time....then we can see how things hold up together. How many miles do you currently have? I'm right at 8,100.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Got the SCR Cat installed today took 2 days as parts were delayed due to weather. Saw the prices for this fix it was around $1,200 and the tech said that is their warranty price. Glad I'm not paying. Asked the tech about future failures and he said they had done about 6 Cat replacements and none have had issues since fixed. Keeping my fingers crossed.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Good to hear it's been working better. I never had any driving issues etc. just 2 MIL. I cleared the first, when it reappeared about a month later figured it was time for the dealer to take a look. Now 2 days later I have the new software with revised regeneration cycles and new CAT. Hopefully, they have found the issue and extinguished it for good.

·
Registered
10 Posts
2014 ecodiesel Tradesman.

Received the code in early Feb and cleared it myself at 12k Miles thought it may be just a fluke. Came back on again may 5th. 2015 and I cleared again. It then came right back. I called the dealer and scheduled an appointment. Took 2 weeks to get it in however they found a failed cat as well and the DEF injector was completely clogged. The repair is expected to take a week. They also found the oil leak I have been trying to have the dealership find since 9k Mikes. They finally found it and its coming from the front cover. This requires a near complete engine tear down to fix however the leak has steadily gotten worse as time has gone on so it must be dealt with. Anyone else experience this oil leak?

My mileage is now 18500

·
Registered
273 Posts
Add mine to scr replacement .after a month and half going around with dealer . They first said the def was bad , when I told them I had all the stuff to test it they then said it was the def pump causing the problem . Two week wait without truck while waiting for backordered def pump. When I picked the truck up They had took it on a130 mile road test left it out of fuel they also dumped a full tank of def and left there garbage in the truck . I was not happy to say the least .In less than two days the check engine light came back on . I would like to thank Ram Bam for the link to tsb, it made my argument a lot easier ! It will be going back when scr comes for fuel,detailing and scr install. we are still going around about the def.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Same here. I think they have to just go through the process. Maybe just stalling because of scr supply... Your dealer sounds about as good as mine! Lol

·
Registered
5 Posts
I got it all done and notices im using for diesel now.. used to be 11.7L per 100 now im 13.2L per 100.. keep an eye on it.

·
Registered
200 Posts
I just left the dealer for the second time for this... They said there was an update to the programming. I have noticed the throttle lag being a little less. No light so far. Ill let you know

·
Registered
149 Posts
I had this code come up twice in the last week. Took it in once and they did an ecu flash. Today they just replaced an O2 and EGT sensor. Seems out of the ordinary for the repairs you guys have gotten. Got it back today so we'll see how long it lasts.

·
Registered
140 Posts
My turn also,truck is in getting a new scr system,they performed a re-flash 3 weeks ago but the cel came back,interesting note since the re-flash my mileage has suffered,it will be interesting to see what happens witha new scr system,current mileage at 22,500kms

·
Registered
99 Posts
I've been driving for nearly 500 miles with the P20EE cel. Just a little over 17k miles on the truck and I'm debating on taking it into my local dealer because they are bumbling knob heads. I can't notice any ill effects with the truck other than the cel light.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts