RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
paint bubbling & chiping off on rocker panels same place on both sides. FCA denied warranty claim. Said it was caused by rocks. Guess I am just so lucky that I managed to catch rocks in the same place, on both sides of the truck. ( Dealership Says they will touch it up for me).
Automotive exterior Bumper Vehicle door Floor Material property
Bumper Automotive exterior Auto part Rim

· Super Moderator
2,738 Posts
My guess is that it wasn't prepared properly. You need to apply a rust neutralizing product or clean the rust off prior to touch up. I believe Shawn also had an issue like this on his truck.

· Banned
627 Posts
Same as mine,
im going to grind the pinch welds down, apply rust bullet, prime them, them apply duplicolor truck bed coating, then paint with the same oem paint color.
all I can say is grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr:mad:

· Premium Member
2019 Ram 2500 Cummins - EX Ecodiesel owner.
15,070 Posts
That looks like rust underneath. It's rusting the paint off???

Man I would not be happy to see that and hear you will get no company satisfaction. Too new to do that in my book unless defective.

· Registered
30 Posts
I also have rocks chips on my front bumper which is black. Rust is showing & it looks like the rocks chipped the paint to bare metal. You'd think that they would have done a better job in protecting the metal. 17000 Kim on a 2014 Outdoorsman.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.