RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I waxed my new truck this past weekend and found some pretty bad flaws in the paint on the top of the cab. One looks like something got into the paint, and 4 or 5 more spots look like fish eyes.
I already have to get bodywork done under warranty as the truck arrived showing obvious damage from being hit lightly on the corner of the bumper driving it against the body. Not much damage, but who wants to repaint a new truck?

·
Registered
238 Posts
I have the same thing on mine. Couple spots where something is under the paint and clearcoat. Had dealership tske pictures and send them. Still waiting.

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Ya that sucks! I noticed a little orange peel mostly on the tail gate. At least it's on the top of the cab where Noone ever sees it!

·
Registered
641 Posts
Reading this thread reminds me of when I had to return my F350 when the lease was up. The guy inspecting my truck said the tail gate had some paint runs. I said I never noticed, he said "right here, move your back and forth and you can see them" . I told him I never noticed them. Later, the leasing company wanted to charge me $500 because of the paint runs. I politely explained to them that i never had the tail gate repainted, and if there are paint runs, they came from the factory paint shop. The lady says "ok we will only charge you $350 then" . Thats when I re-explained the concept of "NO" to her manager.

Hind sight being 20/20, I should of charged them $500 for driving around with a truck with paint runs (which i could not see even when he pointed them out) fo 3 years. :>

·
Registered
13,970 Posts
My dealer repainted and repaired a dent in my hood. Did not discover it for weeks after delivery. I/others may have put it there. No clue.

They did it under warranty and even gave me a free rental car. Looks perfect. No reservations about re-painting something new. It's done all the time.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I have a spot on my tailgate as well. Looks like something under the paint/clear coat or the panel itself got damaged at the factory before paint. Took it to the dealer, they took some pictures and told me they would book it in for repair under warranty.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Friend of mine is a professional body guy. Told me to leave the flawed paint alone on the top of the cab. He says nobody can equal the paint quality of the factory, and since I can't see it, I should leave it alone. Maybe I can get the dealer to gimme a couple of free oil changes instead!

·
Registered
3 Posts
I pulled up beside a 1500 with a hemi (not that the engine matters) the other day and the entire passenger side of the truck was orange peel. I don't know if the red colour was magnifying the flaws or not but it was terrible. Makes you wonder about the quality control process.

·
Registered
150 Posts
I pulled up beside a 1500 with a hemi (not that the engine matters) the other day and the entire passenger side of the truck was orange peel. I don't know if the red colour was magnifying the flaws or not but it was terrible. Makes you wonder about the quality control process.
Possibly a re-paint job not done very well?

·
Registered
505 Posts
When I took delivery of my new 2009 Cadillac CTS I noticed paint flaws. Lost the caddy for a week while they prepped and repainted the trunk.

It happens. Sorry for your stress but in a few weeks all will be taken care of.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts