RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, sad to say, but my 2014 Crewcab 4x2 Longhorn Ecodiesel "Brutus" was traded for a 2019 Crewcab 4x2 Hemi (after the AEM was installed and all paperwork completed).
A few factors influenced this move:
1. Love the truck and power plant, but want to see real world performance, reliability, and longevity of the next generation Ecodiesel before jumping back in.
2. Bar the AEM specific items, powertrain warranty would run out before new Ecodiesels would be available.
3. Got a incredible deal on the 2019 Longhorn (28+% off) and generous trade-in on Brutus.

I'll play with the Hemi for 12-18 months and see how the new Ecodiesel is fairing...

I do intend to stay on-board here to observe and (hopefully) contribute in the future.

BTW, first tank of fuel garnered 16.5 mpg combined; if you drive the Hemi reasonably, it will provide reasonable efficiency.

IMG_2213.jpg

Cheers!

·
Registered
482 Posts
Well, sad to say, but my 2014 Crewcab 4x2 Longhorn Ecodiesel "Brutus" was traded for a 2019 Crewcab 4x2 Hemi (after the AEM was installed and all paperwork completed).
1. Love the truck and power plant, but want to see real world performance, reliability, and longevity of the next generation Ecodiesel before jumping back in.
2. Bar the AEM specific items, powertrain warranty would run out before new Ecodiesels would be available.
3. Got a incredible deal on the 2019 Longhorn (28+% off) and generous trade-in on Brutus.

I'll play with the Hemi for 12-18 months and see how the new Ecodiesel is fairing...

I do intend to stay on-board here to observe and (hopefully) contribute in the future.

BTW, first tank of fuel garnered 16.5 mpg combined; if you drive the Hemi reasonably, it will provide reasonable efficiency.

View attachment 81158

Cheers!
Congrats on the new truck. My hemi, 4x2 std cab is averaging 20-21.

Good luck with your new ride.

·
Registered
3,799 Posts

View attachment 81158

Cheers!
Congrats on the new ride!

How does the 16.5 compare to what you would have gotten in your ecodiesel?

·
Administrator
8,195 Posts

View attachment 81158

Cheers!
Sounds like a nice truck. Congrats.

·
Super Moderator
2,517 Posts
Congrats on the new truck. Please stick around and keep us updated.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I had a classic & new body style hemi for rentals in Omaha. Both 4wd & the classic got 4-5 MPG better than the NBS. The classic was CC & NBS was QC. IIRC, classic was around 21... I'll keep my Ecod... for now

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Lucky Dog. I hope to average 18-19 mpg in mixed driving and 22 mpg highway once the engine breaks in.

Enjoy!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks MAS. My Eco was getting 21 in mixed driving around town and 25-26 on the highway depending on the speed limit (West Texas 80 mph speed limit reduced efficiency). Hoping to get 18-19 mpg in mixed driving and 22 mpg highway once the Hemi engine breaks in.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank 97 hmcs. The new body style has more room and rides even better than the '14. Oh, and the 12" Connect screen is the bee's knees!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts