RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

· Registered
4,323 Posts
No sir......on my second pump total.
I've always been under the impression that 98% of EcoDiesel lift pumps will last 150,000 miles (assuming people aren't running their fuel low in the summer months and prematurely killing the pump). At that point, it might not be a bad idea to replace the OE lift pump just to circumvent problems down the road.

At some point, I would like to install a fuel pressure gauge and be able to monitor PSI either on an iDash Data Monster or Edge CTS3. Based on what I've read, the lift pump will show signs of weakening before a total failure occurs. Ideally, that would be better than arbitrarily picking a time/date to replace the lift pump. Although, the cost to have that kind of data isn't cheap.

· Registered
3,881 Posts
Ive got a old design yet new tone wheel, flexplate bolts, rear main seal, fuel filter, air filter, oil, used belt thats still good, delete hardware and tuned ecm, etc all on hand in the garage just in case there needed. Really dont like having a dealer touch my truck they cause more issues than its worth. So if my tone wheel fails I well just fix it myself at home. Just ordered a crankshaft position sensor to have on hand. One other thing I need to order but is not currently available is the o rings and tubes for the transmission heater.

· Registered
4,323 Posts
One other thing I need to order but is not currently available is the o rings and tubes for the transmission heater.
Are the o-rings and tubes for the transmission heater known for leaks?

21 - 26 of 26 Posts