RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
The crew has more room in the rear... with the front seats all the way back... than most large SUV's. A 6' tall adult will have more than enough room... and even a rear facing safety seat will fit. (that's why I have a Crew)

If you get a quad cab... you will have to move the front seats forward to fit an adult, or safety seat.

·
Registered
13,970 Posts
What he said.

A crew cab is a large with car with a smaller truck bed. A quad cab is a truck bed with a smaller rear seating space.

I have had quad cabs for 20+ years. That's because I just keep hunting and fishing gear in the back seat or haul coolers, storage bags etc. If you have to move people back there it will work. Children fit in nicely. Adults also fit. It never bothered me to haul a couple guys to the restaurant at hunting camp or the local gun shop. If adults want to go farther I suggest they get a good job and buy their own truck.

Cramped for adults in the back never bothered me up front.

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
What he said.

A crew cab is a large with car with a smaller truck bed. A quad cab is a truck bed with a smaller rear seating space.

I have had quad cabs for 20+ years. That's because I just keep hunting and fishing gear in the back seat or haul coolers, storage bags etc. If you have to move people back there it will work. Children fit in nicely. Adults also fit. It never bothered me to haul a couple guys to the restaurant at hunting camp or the local gun shop. If adults want to go farther I suggest they get a good job and buy their own truck.

Cramped for adults in the back never bothered me up front.
Hey Capt, you make me laugh!! I will be getting the CC myself over the QC because of me always having adults in the back.

·
Registered
413 Posts
I had my 5 year old in car seat plus 2 large adults back there with no problem " crew cab "

·
Registered
701 Posts
I actually measured this truck against many SUVs. We could fit three cars seats across much better than any SUV, except suburban Tahoe variants. You want crew for legroom, but the width of truck help provide room for hands to reach seat belts. This car will be our family cruiser on long drives, replacing our MDX, which is wider than most of its direct SUV competitors.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Coming from a 2500 Suburban I went with the CC and 6'4 bed to get the best of both. Not too many adults riding in the back seats but have some things that won't fit under the tonneau I take to the track but still want a decent bed. It actually is longer than the Suburban since that's just a single cab 8' bed base, will miss sleeping in the back deck if I'm feeling lazy or it's pouring when I get to camp.

·
Registered
213 Posts
The back seat area on my crew cab is very roomy, more so than my previous '07 GMC Denali pickup. Lots of leg room for 2 adults, even when the front seats are all the way back and the outside positions are very, very comfortable. The only problem is for the poor adult who has to sit in the middle. For some unknown reason, the seat base curves inward in the centre of the row resulting in no leg support for anyone except a child. It does make it easy to use the centre floor mounted cup holders tho. As well, the seat is very hard in the centre position and the firm centre arm rest is not very forgiving on the back. The middle position is adequate for children, including those in a booster or child seat, but not recommended for adults (IMO).

·
Registered
346 Posts
The Crew Cab can easily hold three full grown (not necessarily fully mature) adults in the back, or four kids (just double two kids in one buckle), or two 50# dogs and one kid. I am 73" and sit very comfortably in the front and back. Spacious the CC is.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts