RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I am the second owner of my ED. I bought it in the AEM defined window where the first owner has the right to file for a partial payment. I completed the AEM update in mid Sept. and all of the paperwork has been checked off on the AEM status website except for getting my check. I waited the 6 weeks after the completion of paperwork and still no check so I called them first week of November. The agent told me that they had extended the time for the first owners to rile for compensation and that period had just ended Oct. 31st. He said my trucks first owner had not filed and that I would get my full AEM check in 4-5 weeks. No check at the beginning of December so I called again. I did not relate the previous conversation to the agent, but just played dumb. She told me the same thing except that the 1st owner extension had just lapsed at the end of November and that in 4-5 weeks I'll get my full check. This is a long story way to ask if any of you have heard of this extension to the original owner filing period?

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Yes, I've heard of a couple of deadline extensions but nothing official.

I'm still waiting for my 2nd check.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Read thru previous posts... The "deadline" has NOT been extended. I've talked to one of the lawyers handling the case. The deadline that the 1-833 folks keep referring to is an INTERNAL deadline for them to get caught up processing the mail in submissions. The lawyer I spoke with speculated that 1st owners primarily submitted via snail mail in lieu of online. This flooded the incompetent, shorthanded staff hired to process the claims. Original owners still had till August 31 (?) to file.

Sounds like you selected to receive a lump sum check of total amount. Most of us elected to get 2 partial checks. Most of us have received the 1st check but not the 2nd check to be issued after confirmation that the original owner has not filed.

·
Read Only
59 Posts
Hi bosser55
I’d call again and explain, with dates of previous contacts and info you were given, and inquire about the timeline to payment for your completed filing. If you think someone doesn’t know, probably escalating a level is due. Courteously but informed about the process. The folks @ contract firm FCA has hired to administer the hot line and paperwork process seemed responsive for me when I explained what I’d tried (unsuccessfully) and helped get my settlement back on course.
Hope it goes well!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
35 Posts
Mine was accepted on September 23rd and I still have not seen a check. I am a second owner and elected for 1 check, like an idiot.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey guys, I submitted my claim back in June and finally received my check on January 2. I also only received the partial amount after several rounds of phone calls, emails, etc. I’m wondering if there’s any way to find out if the first owner submitted a claim or if we’re going to see a second check or notice that the first owners made a claim. Since it’s gotten more difficult to get a hold of anyone each time I tried I’m guessing that we’re not going to see either.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Mine was accepted on September 23rd and I still have not seen a check. I am a second owner and elected for 1 check, like an idiot.
I went with the one check too because the first owner only owned the truck for a month and didn't possess the truck on 01/12/2017, I did, having purchased it 2016. I called last month like every month since I got the hourglass on "settlement check mailed" but this time instead of being told "too bad, you should have selected two checks" I was given the option to change to two checks so I took it. They told me checks are prepared for mailing every two weeks and sure enough two weeks later I got the check mark on "settle check mailed".

·
Registered
35 Posts
I went with the one check too because the first owner only owned the truck for a month and didn't possess the truck on 01/12/2017, I did, having purchased it 2016. I called last month like every month since I got the hourglass on "settlement check mailed" but this time instead of being told "too bad, you should have selected two checks" I was given the option to change to two checks so I took it. They told me checks are prepared for mailing every two weeks and sure enough two weeks later I got the check mark on "settle check mailed".
good to know I will call them tomorrow thank you!!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Have you received the first check by the way?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Contact [email protected] with your case number, the day approx your paperwork has been accepted, case managers name if you have it, and state that its been well over the 6-8 week timeline. That is what I was just instructed to do.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Have you received the first check by the way?
Not yet but its only been a 9 days since I got the check mark. I did send an email today to the address you posted detailing my story, I'm glad I documented the whole process and what was said each time I talked to a settlement rep.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Not yet but its only been a 9 days since I got the check mark. I did send an email today to the address you posted detailing my story, I'm glad I documented the whole process and what was said each time I talked to a settlement rep.
Did your check come in? I just got the check mark yesterday

·
Registered
148 Posts
Did your check come in? I just got the check mark yesterday
Check #1 came yesterday, 18 days after receiving check mark, I was told checks go out very 2 weeks with mine going out on 01/13, that would make the next mailing 01/28.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I received my first payout back in September
1579736376526.png
or October. Been calling every month since only to be blown off. Now, you can't get through the phone lines and the online status check is non-functional.
I went back into the court letter and found a link to claims class counsel, who represents us. I contacted them and highly suggest everyone else does to get things moving. FCA is not complying to their court order.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Check #1 came yesterday, 18 days after receiving check mark, I was told checks go out very 2 weeks with mine going out on 01/13, that would make the next mailing 01/28.
Where are you located? I have not received 1st check that was supposedly mailed on the 13th, and I just found out my second was mailed on the 27th.

·
Registered
129 Posts
This is getting ridiculous. 6 weeks is quickly turning into 7-8 months... I tried the info email address posted above with no response. I guess I will try calling and asking for the 2 check option..

·
Registered
75 Posts
Went on the FCA website and started chatting with a person online - who told me that the first owners would all have to get taken care of before I got my check - which was filed in August 2019 - white chatting with her - suddenly she just left - no further answer- WTH ?

·
Registered
186 Posts
Based on my experience & other posts on here, all checks should be out. I have 2 EDs, got 2nd check on 1 but not the other.

Did you get confirmation that all your info was accepted?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts