RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner
41 - 60 of 95 Posts

Β·
Premium Member
2,339 Posts
Folks, let's be respectful. If you believe that PEAK is a deceitful company that is out to con their customers, then you're free to have that opinion. But once you've made your point, please don't dirty up the thread anymore.

Those who are actually using the product, or want more information about BlueDEF Platinum, please continue to post useful questions and any experiences that you have with the product. Here's a good place to get some information: BlueDEF PLATINUMβ„’ - PEAK

Reactions: Dennisvab

Β·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Folks, let's be respectful. If you believe that PEAK is a deceitful company that is out to con their customers, then you're free to have that opinion. But once you've made your point, please don't dirty up the thread anymore.

Those who are actually using the product, or want more information about BlueDEF Platinum, please continue to post useful questions and any experiences that you have with the product. Here's a good place to get some information: BlueDEF PLATINUMβ„’ - PEAK
I'm a bit confused about your post. I have been following this thread from the beginning because I wanted to know more about the new Platinum. Here where I am confused:
1 - I don't find any posters being disrespectful. I find they are wanting data that is not seemingly available.
2 - I don't find any posts or comments to be "dirtying up the thread".
3 - I'm not sure what you mean by a "useful question". There's no such thing as a dumb (not useful) question.
4 - The URL you post for 'information' is the product's marketing video. That's what the thread has been all about. Blue Peak keeps saying what their product does but gives NO evidence via tests, comparison or otherways, only verbiage.

The bottom line is I still don't know how or what Platinum actually does and need more questions and answers. And your effort to curb the questioning or say that questions or comments are disrespectful seems out of line.

Β·
Premium Member
2,339 Posts
1 - I don't find any posters being disrespectful. I find they are wanting data that is not seemingly available.
3 - I'm not sure what you mean by a "useful question". There's no such thing as a dumb (not useful) question.
4 - The URL you post for 'information' is the product's marketing video. That's what the thread has been all about. Blue Peak keeps saying what their product does but gives NO evidence via tests, comparison or otherways, only verbiage.
John, as you can see in my post. I was not targeting anyone. This is the best thread on the subject. The other threads turned negative. I want to keep this thread going with good information.

If people would watch the product videos (and interviews), they would get more information regarding how the Platinum works and why it works. As mentioned on the other page, it has to do with drive cycles and heat. The company will tell you that their Platinum is not needed for every application, which is why they still sell their original DEF.

Reactions: John Jensen

Β·
Registered
1,188 Posts
John, as you can see in my post. I was not targeting anyone. This is the best thread on the subject. The other threads turned negative. I want to keep this thread going with good information.

If people would watch the product videos (and interviews), they would get more information regarding how the Platinum works and why it works. As mentioned on the other page, it has to do with drive cycles and heat. The company will tell you that their Platinum is not needed for every application, which is why they still sell their original DEF.
I hear ya, I just didn't read it that way, sorry.

By the way, " If people would watch the product videos (and interviews), they would get more information regarding how the Platinum works and why it works." is only part of the issue. I believe the bigger part of the issue is, does it work?

Β·
Premium Member
2,339 Posts
I hear ya, I just didn't read it that way, sorry.
No worries. And since you're a member on the Cummins Forum, I'll share this: I'm a moderator on the Cummins Forum, so sometimes my 'moderator tone' carries over here.

I believe the bigger part of the issue is, does it work?
I have no question that it works. My questions is, how well does it work? I'm running the Platinum in both of my EcoDiesel trucks. A clogged DEF injector was my biggest issue on my 2015, so I'm hoping that the Platinum remedies that issue. Time will tell.

Reactions: John Jensen

Β·
Registered
1,615 Posts
Could it be as simple as newer engineered injectors have a smaller injection port thereby increasing the psi and being more efficient in the process? Smaller injectors clog easier.

Reminds me of the Yamaha 200HPDI injectors that would clog if an eyelash went through. Otherwise yet to see side by side empirical performance data.

Β·
Registered
66 Posts
I've had my DEF pump go out twice and noticed my injector would 'coke' up with crystallized DEF so I began to steam clean it on occasion. Maybe towing and hard used is better for the DEF system than freeway commutes like mine. Considering my 2015 takes almost 18,000 miles to go through a tank it really is cheap insurance. I think you'll see a few more users come aboard once all the AEM extended warranties start to time out and a DEF pump or injector goes here and there....
Oh wow. I use a full tank of DEF every 6500 - 8000 miles.

Β·
Premium Member
5,339 Posts
I'm a bit confused about your post. I have been following this thread from the beginning because I wanted to know more about the new Platinum. Here where I am confused:

The bottom line is I still don't know how or what Platinum actually does and need more questions and answers. And your effort to curb the questioning or say that questions or comments are disrespectful seems out of line.
100% agree. Sounded like a moderator and I'm like wth? Then I'm thinking there was nothing disrespectful or dirtying up the thread lol.

Β·
Registered
862 Posts
Not really pertinent to the topic at hand, but have been scouring the inter webs and picking peoples brains that are in the know, and the only interesting information I can come across is the DEF they use in heavy commercial tankers and some locomotive type engines is AUS 40 which is 40% urea and 60% water vs the typical AUS 32 which even the glorious peak platinum is made to this standard at 32% urea and 67-68% water. So far there has not been any consensus on any known additive to get urea to not crystallize, except a few farm companies use a very very moderate amount of a glycol based additive in some of their bulk storage for agricultural urea. The studies on this has been relatively inconclusive as it still crystallized after time. Maybe someday I’ll buy some peak platinum and intentionally pour some in a cup and see what it does after time, would be a pretty conclusive test if done at the same time as standard not β€œplatinum” DEF, just hard for me to justify the additional cost of the stuff even for research purposes. Maybe that project farm guy on YouTube would test this stuff out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Β·
Premium Member
2,339 Posts
How were you able to come to this conclusion?
I ran the Walmart SuperTech stuff for years. The 2.5 gallon jugs always had the white deposits around the safety seal/lid when opening the jug. The Platinum has no signs of any white deposits on their safety seal/lid when opening. Simple observation tells me that the Platinum is different enough to not create deposits that would typically be seen with regular DEF.

Reactions: Dennisvab

Β·
Registered
859 Posts
I ran the Walmart SuperTech stuff for years. The 2.5 gallon jugs always had the white deposits around the safety seal/lid when opening the jug. The Platinum has no signs of any white deposits on their safety seal/lid when opening. Simple observation tells me that the Platinum is different enough to not create deposits that would typically be seen with regular DEF.
Send me money for a few bottles of each and I'll proved it does or doesn't matter.

Β·
Premium Member
5,339 Posts
Orrrrrrrr one distributor is a lot cleaner when packaging the DEF. Hmmmmmmmm.

Β·
Registered
859 Posts
Orrrrrrrr one distributor is a lot cleaner when packaging the DEF. Hmmmmmmmm.
You are correct. Its much more likely just either not cleaning the top before sealing or a leaky seal. A leaky seal can be a concern. API ISO on DEF is very specific. 32.5% UREA and 67.5% deionized water. There are some +/- on the accuracy of those numbers but not much room to wiggle. It's not oil where additives are a thing.

Β·
Registered
2021 RAM Rebel Eco Diesel
3 Posts
I was able to reach the Project Farm gentleman on YouTube, he said it sounded like a great idea to test the Peak Platinum against various other brands. We shall see.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That will be a great video to watch; that dude is good at testing anything that comes across his shop.

41 - 60 of 95 Posts