RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally decided what I really wanted and located one that's "in transit". Got a deal for approx. 10% off sticker, not a great deal, but it's enough for me. Finding one on the lots near me that is equipped to suit me in a color other than black or white was a main factor. I am looking a cherry pearl. I also really like the granite gray, but those are even more elusive. They are taking my trade, so that makes it much simpler for me. (I won't buy any black vehicle, period. I like the white, it really looks sharp, but it's so hard to keep the bug guts off the paint.)

Pros:

1. Taking trade, don't have to deal with craigslist crazies and/or scammers
2. Local to me, don't have to take time off work to travel to look, negotiate, etc.
3. Get to deal with my local credit union that actually knows me by name
4. Got the paint color and options I wanted
5. Insurance goes down, even added some coverage

Cons:

1. Ultimately pay more, msrp vs. final
2. went much farther up the trim level than originally expected to get the things I wanted (not needed!)-Limited
3. Has a sunroof-won't get used and it listed for $1000!!!
4. Wife will be jealous of all the features that the truck has that her Honda doesn't

I'll need to discuss with the wife and confirm tomorrow, but I'm fairly certain I'm going to buy it. (Sometimes I think I'm insane to consider buying a truck with a sticker price over $55k, but I'm worth it!)

Laramie Limited; cherry pearl/black leather; 28M; trailer tow; bright appearance; LSD; EcoDiesel; sunroof; side step delete; CD player

Reactions: forbsie

·
Registered
200 Posts
I agree Mike, you are worth the extra price associated with buying a truck you and a lot of other good people out there deserve. I only regret not getting the 6 ft bed with my truck order, but 9 inches of bed space wasn't worth the extra 2 grand too me. My truck should be in my garage in the next few days and I cant wait to show it off and rub it in to all the Chevy lovers at work who said "you are buying another damn Dodge"! I tell them look at the reviews plus I can get 10 or more years out of a Ram Truck and educate yourselves, Fiat owns Ram trucks not Dodge anymore!

·
Registered
95 Posts
We were able to get about 15% off sticker price on our truck. It should be here early July.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Finally decided what I really wanted and located one that's "in transit". Got a deal for approx. 10% off sticker, not a great deal, but it's enough for me. Finding one on the lots near me that is equipped to suit me in a color other than black or white was a main factor. I am looking a cherry pearl. I also really like the granite gray, but those are even more elusive. They are taking my trade, so that makes it much simpler for me. (I won't buy any black vehicle, period. I like the white, it really looks sharp, but it's so hard to keep the bug guts off the paint.)

Pros:

1. Taking trade, don't have to deal with craigslist crazies and/or scammers
2. Local to me, don't have to take time off work to travel to look, negotiate, etc.
3. Get to deal with my local credit union that actually knows me by name
4. Got the paint color and options I wanted
5. Insurance goes down, even added some coverage

Cons:

1. Ultimately pay more, msrp vs. final
2. went much farther up the trim level than originally expected to get the things I wanted (not needed!)-Limited
3. Has a sunroof-won't get used and it listed for $1000!!!
4. Wife will be jealous of all the features that the truck has that her Honda doesn't

I'll need to discuss with the wife and confirm tomorrow, but I'm fairly certain I'm going to buy it. (Sometimes I think I'm insane to consider buying a truck with a sticker price over $55k, but I'm worth it!)

Laramie Limited; cherry pearl/black leather; 28M; trailer tow; bright appearance; LSD; EcoDiesel; sunroof; side step delete; CD player

Are you happy with the deal? Then do it. When it comes to your money and what you want, you and your wife are the only ones that count.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Pull. Trigger. Drink. Scotch. Celebrate. Enjoy. :D
Thanks for your replies! I don't drink, so maybe the wife and I will have to find another way to celebrate in the back of the crew cab!

I've been working extra hours the past few years to keep up with the tuition bills for my wife's doctorate degree (she's in her last semester of classes right now!), so we won't owe a nickel for her last degree. You are right, I DO deserve a new truck!

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Thanks for your replies! I don't drink, so maybe the wife and I will have to find another way to celebrate in the back of the crew cab!

I've been working extra hours the past few years to keep up with the tuition bills for my wife's doctorate degree (she's in her last semester of classes right now!), so we won't owe a nickel for her last degree. You are right, I DO deserve a new truck!
Nothing wrong with any of that! I don't drink either. ;)

...and supporting your wife while she pursues further education - that's just downright proper my man! Well done. :)

...of course, there's always the chance she may learn she could do better and decide to replace you with a parrot, too. Just sayin'... ;) I don't know - you may be prettier than a parrot... :D

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
You can't take it with you, might as well spend it!

·
Registered
35 Posts
There are deals to be had out there! I picked up a Laramie ED 4x4 that had a sticker price at $53,795 for $44,700. I drove 1100 miles know that it was a smoking deal.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Looks like I'm committed to getting a truck. Already buying accessories on ebay: wheel locks, mud flaps, billet antenna.

Need to find a shop that can get me a tonneau cover ASAP. May just take the truck on vacation to FL, if we can secure the bed.

BTW, it must be a sign from above! Wife got a "promotion" today, unexpectedly. It's in quotes since there's no actual pay increase involved, but it's a solid stepping stone for when her degree is complete. Plus it's 2 miles from home vs. 18 miles.

Of course, the dealer cannot say for sure when they expect to get the truck. It's "estimated" to be delivered on Monday.

Reactions: Ramecoman

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Which cover are you going with? Which truck did you buy?

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Laramie Limited; CC; 4wd; cherry pearl-same as mentioned at the start of the thread. Although I haven't given the dealer any deposit and they have not even asked for anything, I've commited via email.

I'm leaning towards the Roll-X or Retrax One. Opinions welcome!

·
Registered
803 Posts
I got my dealer down to their "final offer" which wasn't bad, just wasn't quite doable when it came down to the total number & payments.

The incentives changed two days later ( went to 0% financing) which made it a little closer, and then I told them "another $500 off, and a free tonneau cover (Mopar or Truxedo) and it'd be a deal" - took about 3 hours, but I got a text back from my salesman that we had a deal...

Picked it up the next day...

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
You will love the limited, what a truck!! Congrats!
As far as the cover goes I have never had either of the ones you mentioned, I went with a bak flip vp.... I'm pretty happy bed is bone dry every storm....

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Ordered a Retrax One today. May be here before the truck, though!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts