RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took my truck in for the EGR recall only to find out that they didn't have any parts to do it. While there, I did see that I had a "Pending" Regen Frequency code. What does this mean? I asked if they should replace the DPF, but they said not while "it's pending". It has to read "Failed" before they can replace anything. I think my DPF is dead, and they just tweaked their software to never say "Failed". My low mpg could be a result of this. I'm only getting 17 around town and only 20 on the hwy. This could be also due to the AEM, but they could be related (AEM killed the DPF).

What causes "Pending" codes? What does it take for it to "Fail"?

·
Super Moderator
3,983 Posts
Did you happen to get the code number?
The pending could just mean the truck is awaiting a regen cycle to start. You may have had one or more failed to complete regen cycles, this can be fairly common if the truck is used more for short driving cycles.
If you watch the DPF % with the Torque App, the percentage will jump from about 66% to 100% and stay there until a regen cycle completes. Even if the cycle begins it doesn't reset down to about 9% unless the cycle completes, I'm guessing this it what is meant by "pending".

1 - 2 of 2 Posts