RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this is the cover I decided to go with........several reasons....I like that it folds up in the bed, not blocking my view from the rear........I wanted a hard cover......I was able to color match it to the truck..........it's a little different!

It came in two boxes. It was very well protected! the instructions were straight forward. there are videos online to review for most of the little sections. overall, I am very pleased with this cover and would certainly get it again.

It did require four drill holes in the lip of the bed rails......no big deal!! took me about four hours to put on...that's with checking everything multiple times!!

IMG_20140620_161313_466.jpg IMG_20140620_161323_477.jpg IMG_20140620_161345_656.jpg

·
Registered
360 Posts
Keep us informed, all the reviews I've seen so far make it out to be crazy expensive and leaky. I didn't like the way to panels drop into the truck, can't store anything in the front 1/3 of the bed or you can't open the panels. Or at least their videos made it look that way to me.

·
Registered
360 Posts
As they closed it in the video panels starting tipping over a foot from the front of the bed, but I'll admit I've never seen one on a truck locally and I've looked at every cover I pass.

·
Registered
641 Posts
Yes, please let us know how it works out. Are you not worried about scratching the finish when it is is folded?

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes, please let us know how it works out. Are you not worried about scratching the finish when it is is folded?
I have opened and closed it many times....no scratches so far!! there are rubber knobs that separate each panel

·
Registered
4 Posts
Looking at the typical covers, fold-a-cover, Bakflip, extang, etc. and the Peregon. I wonder if Epiphys could give me a 4 months post-install review...? Thanks

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I still love the cover very much....there are some leaks....I wrote Peragon and they responded that day!! when I have some time, I will do the things they recommended......there are no scratches at all...I did lose some of the rubber stoppers and they sent me a bunch for free! I would get this cover again!!

we went on a trip to Florida and to make sure the luggage stayed dry, I bought a roof top cover....a soft one...and fit the luggage in it.....there was plenty of room for more stuff (good thing....if you ever travel with my wife you'd understand!)

·
Registered
42 Posts
In the past I have tried several folding tonneau covers and finally found one that fit flush and is one piece and doesn't fold. My reasoning is that every folding one I had was so easy to break into with just a screwdriver or ? It happened to me twice. My flush fiberglass model is secure and locks, as does my tailgate. Things are dry and secure. I had the manager at a parts and accessories store talk me out of the folding paragon for two reasons. He demonstrated how easy it is to bypass the locking mechanism and also the non-weatherproof seal. All I can say is good luck with yours.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Thread bump here - from what I can see, nobody else on here has posted on a Peragon since you. How is it working out and how are the leaks?\

Most importantly, maybe you can get a dimension. Measured from the top rear edge of the front bulkhead (the inside edge at top) how much length does the unit take when folded? See my attached pictures for reference, maybe you can see what I'm getting at. This is the #1 reason why I picked up an Undercover Flex - allows my ATV to haul with tailgate up and tonneau still installed. But no rear visibility is a pain. Let me see your measurements plz because it looks like you have the same bed as me (6'4")

20151028_190315[1].jpg
20160512_155546[1].jpg

·
Registered
178 Posts
I've had mine since a Aug of 14 and have had no issues with paint, only the seal up front by the cab thanks to one of our cats. Even with that seal torn out it leaks very little and I'm still happy with it. It sure made life easier when carrying large or long objects.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I have one on order and looking forward to posting after I install.
Have you received/installed yours? I'm leaning towards this cover for my truck too..would love to see what other people's experiences are.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts