RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up my truck on Friday at Junction Auto family in Chardon OH. Dealer experience was fantastic. I'm super happy with my deal MSRP $50,200 I paid $40,135 after fees before tax no trade. I think I screwed up and over paid for extended warrant but I will try to correct this Monday. No addition pressure to but add on junk, just smooth and quick process.

I had a check list of thing to check on the truck and everything was good, no scratches or flaws that I could find. it had 5 miles on it.
the truck runs beautifully, transmission shifts in and out of gear smooth and shifts through the gears very smooth. I cant even tell it is shifting. air ride is nice. I cant say it is better or worse the springs because I didn't drive one with springs. I'm also coming from an 05' Duramax so I may be use to its rough ride. I do not have nurf bars yet so my 9 year old is appreciating entry/exit mode. engine is quiet, everyone that has driven it says it sounds like a car. I'm not sure if that's good or bad. My brother-in-law has an 13' quad cab Hemi and said the power felt exactly the same as his. I got the premium cloth bucket seats and they do seem a little stiff compaired to my Duramax but I'm sure they will break in and soften up some. I had a 90 mile drive home all 95% interstate with only a few hills, I did get on it a few times and average what the picture shows. I cant be happier. Bed cover will be in Tuesday. Nurf bars will get ordered this week along with the rubber Mopar mud flaps.

Attachments

·
Registered
54 Posts
Nice truck!
I got the Laramie CC 6' 4", just put Extang Solid Fold tonneau on. Mileage is averaging 24.5 before the tonneau, only two tanks of fuel so far. You'll love the truck, I'm coming from F250 Superduty and couldn't be more pleased.
Set up an account at Fuelly.com so we can compare mileage, there's only 3 EDs up so far.

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Nailem: congrats on finally getting it. I knew yours shipped about the same time as mine. I had a 2500 Cummins, and then a 4.7L Gas TRX4... and my new ED has more "Pep" than the 4.7L, and WAY better MPG's than either.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My only complaints and they really are complaints just being very nit picky. The lack of dual temperature is going to drive me nuts or my wife is going to drive me nuts. She is always cold and I'm always warm. The touch screen is great, better than my wife's Infinity Q50 but it needs to be angled towards the driver. It is a little to flat and hard to operate.
I know I could have moved up a trim level for dual temp. I'm just being critical.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts