RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so like the title says pillar pod or any pod style for gauges.

My question is which brand do you guys recommend and which gauges do we need.. im taking my truck to have a triple pod set up on July 8th and he gave me lots.of options but I wanted to hear what you all thought.

I know I want EGT, and Boost (at least I think I know) with a 3rd of??

I kind of thought this would be good to have to better understand how my trucks running with my bluesparkpro hooked up especially while towing.

Thanks guys

·
Registered
341 Posts
Ok so like the title says pillar pod or any pod style for gauges.

My question is which brand do you guys recommend and which gauges do we need.. im taking my truck to have a triple pod set up on July 8th and he gave me lots.of options but I wanted to hear what you all thought.

I know I want EGT, and Boost (at least I think I know) with a 3rd of??

I kind of thought this would be good to have to better understand how my trucks running with my bluesparkpro hooked up especially while towing.

Thanks guys
You have the boost and egt dead on, I always opt for rail pressure or fuel pressure next. Isspro is a leading diesel gauge manufacturer.

I may wait for Edge to release the insight for the Eco Diesel. For the money you get all parameters read through the OBD port except EGT's. I dont have a ETA on the Eco Diesel release but they are pretty good covering ground.

James
RSD

James
RSD

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah but I didn't know if Bluespark would cause the insight to give false readings.

I've always been a fan of the triple pod gauges on the door pillar just looks official (haha).

Thanks for the input I was thinking rail pressure. That's the 3 of 4 I ran on my 2011 with my mini maxx.

·
Registered
290 Posts
For the money I would wait for the Edge Insight CTS. Everything in one monitor for less than the gauges and pod. If you want to install gauges go with ISSPRO EV2, easy to install, LED lighting and full stepper motor. I had them in my 2000 Cummins and really enjoyed them. For me I would want EGT, boost, rail pressure and fuel pressure.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I made my own custom mount. Installed a auto meter gauge. Here are some pictures. I probably will tilt it more to the driver . Im not a fan of gauge pillars because accident first thing going into your head will be the gauge.
. 10545301_890497324297693_1670583286_o.jpg 10550339_890497350964357_228005148_o.jpg 10565677_890497320964360_2109837946_o.jpg

·
Registered
3 Posts
Question

I made my own custom mount. Installed a auto meter gauge. Here are some pictures. I probably will tilt it more to the driver . Im not a fan of gauge pillars because accident first thing going into your head will be the gauge.
. View attachment 1565 View attachment 1566 View attachment 1567

What tune are you running because I just got Banks iDash 1.8" and the Derringer Tune and so far 1 drive have only noticed 18 lbs of boost and you were over 20 lbs of boost.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts