RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious as to what problems are out there...I have heard water pump, an issue after someone had after market side steps put on. Just wondering what other people have heard.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Just my water pump so far, after just 4 days of ownership. The new pump came in today but when they went to install it they discovered the pump is OK but there was a pinched O-ring in the cooling or by-pass tube beside or behind the water pump. They ordered the O-ring and hopefully it will be installed tomorrow. Frustrating....I wish they had removed and discovered the source of the leak a week ago.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Just my water pump so far, after just 4 days of ownership. The new pump came in today but when they went to install it they discovered the pump is OK but there was a pinched O-ring in the cooling or by-pass tube beside or behind the water pump. They ordered the O-ring and hopefully it will be installed tomorrow. Frustrating....I wish they had removed and discovered the source of the leak a week ago.
Wow that sucks, they at least give you a loaner?

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
There was a transmission issue. But it's a small recall.

Basically... anything happening so far is just normal manufacturing junk. Build a 1000 trucks a day... and there is liable to be a few with something wrong.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Check engine light with a loss of communication between some of the operating systems.

·
Registered
255 Posts
My head liner rattles. I want to kill the guy who installed it!! I haven't taken the truck in yet but its defienlty coming from the rear drivers side area. What a dumb defect to complain about but it will drive you insane if you want a peaceful drive.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I am still waiting to find out what's wrong with mine. Waiting on a new starter still but not sure that is the real problem. Diagnostics gave over a page and a half of error codes. 3 days on the road, 8 days broke down and counting!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts