RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
2,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Go to settings and change your preferences.
Schidt. I shouldn't have to do that. Perhaps what'shername can come up with even more ways to annoy the membership.

and those emails about how to enlarge the penis.
[/QUOTE]E-mails? I've begun getting texts about that. :(

·
Registered
2,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Okay, just went to settings and could not find anything about popups. May I have more specific instructions, please? And while we're at it, is there any way to change the default page from what the programmer in Arizona thinks I want to see to the full forum listing which I always click on anyhow? Jeez! Why is it that the "improvements" to the forum aren't improvements?

·
Registered
2,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Try using Brave and stop using Chrome!!
But I'm not using Chrome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And even got a new popup today about "We've Updated!" Pretty soon I won't be able to see the forum at all.

·
Administrator
376 Posts
Okay, just went to settings and could not find anything about popups. May I have more specific instructions, please? And while we're at it, is there any way to change the default page from what the programmer in Arizona thinks I want to see to the full forum listing which I always click on anyhow? Jeez! Why is it that the "improvements" to the forum aren't improvements?
Hey,

This new feature would be under the "Push" notifications in your settings.
The push and We're Updated notifications requires you to acknowledge them, clicking away will not properly store the session cookie. We sometimes use these session cookies to ensure the settings you prefer are saved. You should only see this once, but if you are still seeing it multiple times it could be for a myriad of reasons. If you are blocking cookies on the site, preventing them from being saved, or if you click away from the message are some of the ways you may encounter this issue. The pop up will then go away until you log in from a new device, or if you log in on an incognito browser. If it is popping up on every page load, you may have a corrupted cookie in your session, in which case you should clear cookies and you should see this pop-up once more and then not again.
That being said cookies do also naturally expire over a time so you will see it down the road too, but it shouldn't be an every instance issue. If I haven't touched on any reason why you specifically are still seeing the pop-up, please let me know and I can dig further. Let me know what device and browser you are using so I can best record this issue and work to fix it if there is something I can affect.

Please confirm you have appropriately dismissed the notifications for me. If you are still receiving the alert after the fact it may be a setting I can look to affect.

-Gerrit

·
Registered
2,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hey,

This new feature would be under the "Push" notifications in your settings.
Not exactly. I just spent several minutes looking for this "feature." I finally found it and about wore out my keyboard "unclicking" all of those ridiculous notifications things. I didn't even understand what most of them were.
The push and We're Updated notifications requires you to acknowledge them, clicking away will not properly store the session cookie. We sometimes use these session cookies to ensure the settings you prefer are saved. You should only see this once, but if you are still seeing it multiple times it could be for a myriad of reasons. If you are blocking cookies on the site, preventing them from being saved, or if you click away from the message are some of the ways you may encounter this issue. The pop up will then go away until you log in from a new device, or if you log in on an incognito browser. If it is popping up on every page load, you may have a corrupted cookie in your session, in which case you should clear cookies and you should see this pop-up once more and then not again.
It's not every time I load a page. It's every time I log onto this forum. Well, maybe not. When I came to log in today it turns out I was already logged in. Why? Because of the damned ads! My computer is new and I have AT&T fiber internet, so it's not on my end. Install an ad blocker? Yeah, that worked on this site on my previous computer. However, it slowed down every other site I went to. So I'm not doing that again. And I shouldn't have to.
That being said cookies do also naturally expire over a time so you will see it down the road too, but it shouldn't be an every instance issue. If I haven't touched on any reason why you specifically are still seeing the pop-up, please let me know and I can dig further. Let me know what device and browser you are using so I can best record this issue and work to fix it if there is something I can affect.
My device is an LG Gram with Windows 10 and the new Windows browser that they're not calling Explorer any more.

Please confirm you have appropriately dismissed the notifications for me. If you are still receiving the alert after the fact it may be a setting I can look to affect.
Done.

·
Registered
3,796 Posts
I use Google chrome , I added ad block , and ad block plus , and I never see any publicity , never ,
for the ''updated site'' box that appears at lower right , I just go to see what they say , and it does not come back on
in future site log ins , those '' updated site ' 'messages are rare .

·
Registered
2,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Welp. I just got asked yet again if I wanted push notifications. Even after supposedly turning that schidt off. Please make it stop. It's really annoying.

·
Registered
800 Posts
For me, the new push notifications (upper left, lower right) only pester me when I'm logged in. So I will spend more time as an anonymous viewer. Probably not ideal for the website's advertising revenue but that's on them.

·
Administrator
8,495 Posts
I wish I could help, but I've never seen any of these notifications. I do have the push stuff shut off in settings along with most everything else.

·
Administrator
376 Posts
I use Google chrome , I added ad block , and ad block plus , and I never see any publicity , never ,
for the ''updated site'' box that appears at lower right , I just go to see what they say , and it does not come back on
in future site log ins , those '' updated site ' 'messages are rare .
I am not certain of the abilities of function of the Microsoft browsers as they tend to cause script breaking errors on this site. Has this happened on any other browsers you're comfortable with?

Welp. I just got asked yet again if I wanted push notifications. Even after supposedly turning that schidt off. Please make it stop. It's really annoying.
This might be a cookie as explained above. Have you cleared the cookies out and are you still seeing issues?

For me, the new push notifications (upper left, lower right) only pester me when I'm logged in. So I will spend more time as an anonymous viewer. Probably not ideal for the website's advertising revenue but that's on them.
If you appropriately dismiss the message your cookies should remember your setting. Otherwise clearing the cookies will show them once more before getting rid of them.

-Gerrit

1 - 20 of 45 Posts