RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Unfortunately where I live I need to be able to plow my 800ft driveway when we get our average 120in of snow a year. Now I know a half ton is really not made to plow with. In my opinion I hate mounting my plow up to my 3/4 ton. I only plow my driveway and I try not to carry it around when we are not calling for snow for a few days. I would Try to find a polly plow to keep it as light as possible.
So my question is will the air suspension be able to withstand a plow? Looks like weight would be around 425lbs.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Unfortunately where I live I need to be able to plow my 800ft driveway when we get our average 120in of snow a year. Now I know a half ton is really not made to plow with. In my opinion I hate mounting my plow up to my 3/4 ton. I only plow my driveway and I try not to carry it around when we are not calling for snow for a few days. I would Try to find a polly plow to keep it as light as possible.
So my question is will the air suspension be able to withstand a plow? Looks like weight would be around 425lbs.
Ram says not to plow with the 1500. That said, there are plows made for half-ton pickups and I have seen people using them. I think it is like some of the other Ram restrictions that seem based on a very conservative CYA policy rather than common sense. Whether the air suspension can handle a plow is a good question, though. You would probably want to upgrade the shocks.

I just wish we would get some snow in Oregon where levels are less than 20% of normal in many places. :(

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
After posting my question I did find some stuff on the ram 2013 forum. Rand does give warnings for mounting things to the front of the truck because it could effect sensors or airbags but no one was able to come up with anything that said it would void warranty. i also couldn't find anything on problems with plows and air suspension.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts