RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

Possible Coolant Leak - help diagnose??

1K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  RamCares 
#1 ·
Howdy all,

I noticed a silver dollar-sized wet spot that follows my truck around the driveway. It also has a pink tent to it, so I am assuming it is coolant.

It is almost dead center of underneath my engine bay. When I climb under, I can’t see anywhere that there are drips. Assuming it is coolant, where should I look to try and find the leak? This time last year I had the hose and water pump replaced at the local dealership.

#3 ·
I would say the same, mine started to leak not long after water pump was replaced. I couldn’t find the leak but had coolant on water pump pulley and directly bellow, after it sat for a while. I had to take off that lower plastic pulley cover to see the coolant but I never saw the actual leak. Brought it in because I thought new water pump was leaking. 80$ for that dinky little plastic tube not counting labor.

#6 ·
They ended up replacing my water pump under warranty since it had just been changed, changed the bypass tube, associated seals, and I had them change the thermostat while they were down there.

All together, with the water pump warranty, it cost me $650.00. It could have been worse! We’ll see if that fixes it!

#7 ·
Hey Kennesaw!16,

We're glad to see this issue was resolved! If you need assistance in the future and you decide to visit your dealer, our team would be happy to offer additional assistance throughout that process! We're available via private message.

Callie
Ram Cares

Reactions: Kennesaw!16
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.