RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had the AEM done 8/2, drove home- removed ECM, got on line to GDE & ordered the ECM update, received an email that order was received & I needed to send registration & injector codes from front of engine.
I don't recall reading in any of the forums about this requirement for a ECM update following the AEM.
Has anyone had this same experience
Also their was a disclaimer notice about the use of the ECM in California & use other than off road. ??
Would appreciate any feed back

·
Super Moderator
2,522 Posts
Yes it’s been mentioned here many times about the “off road” disclaimer and the need to show vehicle registration. You can blame CARB & the EPA for this. They have always needed the injector codes to program the tune to the vehicle.

·
Registered
225 Posts
If you send your ecm to them and wait to get it back, i dont think they need the codes since the ecm is already programmed to your truck. I prefer to keep my original ecm and can park the truck for a week to get it done.

·
Registered
3,283 Posts
add a picture to a email sent to them , easy .
the Non-Cali proof of registration thing is new ,
members from Cali had brother in law from other state order for them ,
and that put GDE at risk from EPA and CARB's whip ...

Attachments

·
Registered
12,558 Posts
Do not understand your comments. Read it a couple times. Clear my my stupidity. Did you have GDE BEFORE getting the AEM? You don't say.

If you did not, then the first time you try to get GDE you need to send in those codes for the injectors. We ALL did that. They also need some proof you do not live in California. According to your profile you live in Indiana. Why bring the California issue up?

What is this relationship between the AEM and and ECM update? I mean, the AEM may be a mess but many of us that had GDE had it done. Then we had to get the GDE again. I was one that did that. Did not need to send in any more information as they already had mine from the original order. Guessing they either lost your original order from before you did the AEM or you never had GDE in the first place. Then there is the mention of "Off Road" and there is an Off Road tune from GDE, not the typical Hot Tune" most of us use. That is a full delete for that kind of use. You involved in that also?

Your comments made no sense to me so help - clear things up.

·
Registered
3,789 Posts
Injector codes have always been a requirement, the proof of reg is new.

I ordered the GDE ecm and had it waiting at home for after the AEM install.

·
Registered
260 Posts
I believe GDE is sending a “off road use only waiver” for all their tunes as non of them are EPA approved for on road use.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
286 Posts
I bought mine July 7th and don't recall getting a waiver or disclaimer but I live in MN. Possibly was in email receipt though and didn't notice.

·
Registered
3,283 Posts
I bought mine July 7th and don't recall getting a waiver or disclaimer but I live in MN. Possibly was in email receipt though and didn't notice.
July 7th , was before the new requirements ,
here is first thread where the new Non-Cali stuff was mentioned , July 23rd :https://www.ram1500diesel.com/forum/ram-1500-diesel-tuning/65318-new-gde-requirements.html

anytime you add new stuff to a motorcycle you get the same " bla bla - off road use only " ,
tune not autorized by FCA or EPA , so you get that message , don't care , the pros outweight the cons .

·
Registered
286 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I mentioned I ordered the update which in my mind indicates it was previously a GDE tune. the way I understand the options on the GDE website, you order a tune for $700 or you order an update for $50.

Also when the order is placed I would assume they know at that time who the customer is that is ordering the update.

When I ordered the original hot tune, I did send in the injector code the required, but I don
't recall sending registration

·
Registered
260 Posts
The update is for people who have the hot tune but the AEM flash erased their hot tune.

If you never had the hot tune to start you still to buy the tune. Can’t just spend $50 for the update.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 12 of 12 Posts