Well gents, in Gillette Wy. Left Mi Monday late. Its been a journey, and the Italian stallion is hurting. This truck has been doing this journey and more for 4 years, I don't recognize it as I write. The following is what we have experienced:
- cooling fan runs constantly, but shuts off quickly.
- At times heavy fumes in cab, especially when running at lower speeds.
- * Morning is a mess, if not at fully operational temp the shift from 1 to 2 or 3 is pitiful. Turbo barks. Wont go. Foot to the floor. Maybe 10 mph.
- When in cruise, and even a slight grade it downshifts, it must defuel, horrible shudder and then cruise is lost, can only be reactivated by turning off and restarting.
- 2 times in heavy headwinds, 20 gusting to over 40 it did the above but read air suspension needs service. It was working perfectly. Another but close was trailer brake has been disconnected. It wasn't.
- never a cel. No messages
- today approaching the big horns decided to only use cruise on level, if a grade turn it off and control by pedal
- It doesn't have the same power and avg about 8.9mpg