RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since the AEM was installed, it seems like the a/c is running all the time. I drove in 85 degree weather with only the vent on and the air coming out of the vents were quite cool. Even the engine cycles like if it is on. Anyone else notice this?

·
Registered
4,390 Posts
Since the AEM was installed, it seems like the a/c is running all the time. I drove in 85 degree weather with only the vent on and the air coming out of the vents were quite cool. Even the engine cycles like if it is on. Anyone else notice this?
if the humidity is high it will cycle the AC to dehumidify it.

·
Registered
168 Posts
My wife and daughter both took their Grand Cherokees for the update today. It was my daughter's birthday so they both got their cars detailed on the house, lol. Between personal and business we have bought over 20 vehicles in the last 5 years so they take care of us. That is why I don't worry about the GDE ECM exchange versus a tuner and warranty. They will take care of us. Anyway, they both mentioned a slight hesitation starting out, but otherwise no complaints. My daughter has a specially heavy foot, so if it was bad I would have heard it loud and clear. I told her to drive it hard starting out, and allow the computer to learn

·
Registered
168 Posts
I received separate reports this afternoon from wife and daughter. I did say somewhere else that they were my guinea pigs before I take my Ram truck in, and They both have a heavy foot!! My bride says it is a bit sluggish out of the gate, but someone new to the car would be right at home. We live in Eastern NC, as in Flat country, but we have a new overpass with a little man made hill. Today, with cruise on, she says the car downshifted to 7th gear and she had never seen that before. Just got of the phone with our daughter, and she says hers is fine, better than yesterday. She said she is teaching it! She drives quite a bit more than my wife does during the day. So I guess it was not too bad after all the horror stories here. It might be safe to take mine in. I think I still want a tune now, but will wait for a handheld tuner option.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 2016 and for three years zero problems.... I had the Computer reprogramed for the EPA / Settlement issue and have had three issues so Far:
1. When they reprogrammed the computer the engine oil life indicator went to Zero -
2. 200 Miles Later the Check Engine light came on with code P20EE - they (local ram dealer said) i put in bad DEF Fluid and then drained the DEF tank - put in "their" DEF Fluid and charged me 500.00
3. One week later - Came on again with the same code..

Now riddle me this? three years no issues.... they (FCA / RAM engineers) get their fingers on it with a crappy program and now within two weeks CEL with the same Code..

Anyone else having issues after the V08 reprogramming? Back to the Dealership Monday.. I'm sure that this will be a battle.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Another $500.00? Just kidding, I think i would try to get my money back. But your truck runs ok otherwise? Too many horror stories from some others here.

·
Registered
51 Posts
We made our first tow post aem, the cooling fan runs more seems like, think it did run a little cooler towing, throttle seems touchy now and wife said mileage dropped to 21 on avg. was 23 more or less which is great for 4x4 pickup. Waiting on check to get gde! 111000mi. ?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts