67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Follow this platform. Pics prove all

miles in town:
miles on highway:
Total miles:
Fuel put back in:

pic of dash cluster in trip view:

Also, let’s just keep this about the mileage, we don’t need any long winded posts please.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'll be tracking mine here:

So far, I am not impressed.
It’s ok for right now 24-25 real mpg the motor hasn’t broken in yet. My 2016 was the same way until 6000-7000 miles then it was like a switch got flipped then I started breaking into the 28-32mpg, best range in my 16 was 780miles on 25 gallons, that was from Vancouver WA to Porterville CA.

I know this 3gen can do that, just have to wait.

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
Y'all running winter diesel on brand new engines. Should have 800+ mile range after 20,000 miles or so.

That gentleman is a 'bladder buster'...

·
Super Moderator
3,235 Posts
Big fan of fuelie but wish they requested of contributors a better break down of mileage entered such as categories so they can provide average mileage of types of mileage such as all towing, mostly city, all HWY, or a general mix. This way you could better compare. As well as perhaps have more accurate overall numbers if separating out say towing only miles. Obviously guys that tow a lot and are just clumped together with everyone skew the average.

Another thing I’ve noticed over my 660k miles because as I’ve been watching for it. While running truck routes and off of them is that when I see a 4th gen ED vs 4th gen Hemi or gas ram that I see the ED being used to tow a higher percentage of time.

I know people can individually write about this on their fuelie page but statically you can’t see this in fuelie’s numbers so the actual spread between an ED truck and say a Hemi truck is greater than represented in even the best ways that you can separate & compare using fuelie. If you watch for this you may notice, say conceptually for every 10 EDs you see 4 of them are towing and for every Hemi or gas 4th gen 2 of them are towing.

On another note I’ve had coming home empty going east tanks all interstate that went 700 miles. 3.92 with engine & trans tunes. 28.9 mpg. But that was an effort to do so lots of 65-70 mpg cruise control miles. The norm would be 23 mpg going much faster.

I think the new ED stock is going to get a little better mileage than a tuned gen 2.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Big fan of fuelie but wish they requested of contributors a better break down of mileage entered such as categories so they can provide average mileage of types of mileage such as all towing, mostly city, all HWY, or a general mix. This way you could better compare. As well as perhaps have more accurate overall numbers if separating out say towing only miles. Obviously guys that tow a lot and are just clumped together with everyone skew the average.

Another thing I’ve noticed over my 660k miles because as I’ve been watching for it. While running truck routes and off of them is that when I see a 4th gen ED vs 4th gen Hemi or gas ram that I see the ED being used to tow a higher percentage of time.

I know people can individually write about this on their fuelie page but statically you can’t see this in fuelie’s numbers so the actual spread between an ED truck and say a Hemi truck is greater than represented in even the best ways that you can separate & compare using fuelie. If you watch for this you may notice, say conceptually for every 10 EDs you see 4 of them are towing and for every Hemi or gas 4th gen 2 of them are towing.

On another note I’ve had coming home empty going east tanks all interstate that went 700 miles. 3.92 with engine & trans tunes. 28.9 mpg. But that was an effort to do so lots of 65-70 mpg cruise control miles. The norm would be 23 mpg going much faster.

I think the new ED stock is going to get a little better mileage than a tuned gen 2.
Yeah every time I fill up I enter % of miles highway vs. city and I also leave notes of anything abnormal that could affect mileage. I also enter brand of fuel. I don't know if that ends up mattering on a diesel but on my gas trucks it did show differences over time.

On the Fuelly main page you can sort and view trucks by model year, engine type, etc. I'll have to look and see if there's a way to sort by driving/usage type. I agree that would be helpful.

But, I find that over time, there ends up being millions of miles logged in total, and it all averages out to result in pretty accurate results to what a guy can expect in the real world.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Can we keep the long winded posts down, I’d like to keep this thread so people can show off their range/fuel economy

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I guess I’m the only one getting good fuel economy?

miles in town: 100ish
miles on highway:702.6
Total miles:802.6
Fuel put back in: forced 30 back in

Hand/Fuelly calculated to 26.7, still awesome, but not sure why cluster is that far off.

EB20D467-0F1F-418B-B13E-DE0F8EFA6AFB.jpeg

·
Registered
178 Posts
I guess I’m the only one getting good fuel economy?

miles in town: 100ish
miles on highway:702.6
Total miles:802.6
Fuel put back in: forced 30 back in

Hand/Fuelly calculated to 26.7, still awesome, but not sure why cluster is that far off.

View attachment 86294
What size tank? If you forced 30 into a 26 gallon tank that’s good to know it will actually hold 30

·
Registered
107 Posts
Coming up on 3,000 miles and winter blend is long gone. Still getting exact same mileage I was getting, about 2 MPG below window sticker. Disappointing.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts