RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
I have a 2015 Ram ecodiesel Big Horn 4x4 Crew Cab. I have been noticing that my power steering when going into a turn has been sporadically losing power and then re-engaging. I notice the same thing when I am exiting a turn and usually let the steering wheel slide back into straight and it's not correcting anymore and I have to yank it back. I was filling out the paperwork for the emissions claim and started looking into the open recalls and I noticed there was a recall (16V-167) FCA S19, which states:

Contamination on the Electric Power Steering (EPS) control circuit board may cause a short and result in the loss of power steering assist.

FCA says it's not directly related to my truck but if it diagnoses the same I could put in a claim for re-imbursement or try to get approval pre-work.

Anyone else having the same symptoms? Has anyone else successfully been able to jump onto another recall like this?

TIA.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I had my power steering rack replaced earlier this year for the same symptoms. It fit nearly all the criteria for the recall but they apparently traced my failed racks origin and it was not manufactured in the facility where the faulty ones were made. They did try to get FCA cut me a deal. Original owner with no other problems and 200,000 miles at the time. Well FCA didn't go for it but the dealer ended up only charging me their cost for the part. I was more than satisfied. I didn't expect any assistance at all.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts