RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my tradesman ecodiesel about a week ago. I'm not looking to turn it into a Laramie one after market product at a time, but I'd like to add a few accessories. I don't need anything that just adds to the look of it. I'm happy with how it looks and i'm not one to really dress things up for looks. I'd like to know what are the most practical accessories that you've added aftermarket to your trucks. I'm just looking for things that increase the functionality or usability. For example I'm planning on having a backup camera installed.

Thanks for your ideas!

·
Registered
827 Posts
My favorite accessory is my Qi wireless cell phone charger. If you've not heard of this, google it. Most reasonably new phones are Qi capable, mine was. Some of the very newest have integrated Qi capability. I have a Samsung S3. I had to buy a little thing about half the size of a playing card that goes inside the phone next to the battery. I bought wireless chargers for both home at work. As a result, I don't have to plug the phone in to charge it. At home or work I just lay it on the charger. In the truck I just drop it in to the charging slot. This makes it really easy to keep bluetooth and data enabled on the phone, even tho they are hard on the battery.

I got 2 of the Qi chargers for the truck because I wasn't sure which idea I'd like the best. One is a conventional cell phone holder, and the other fits into a cupholder. I decided I liked the latter best. Charging the phone was always a pita. Now it's no trouble at all.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I like that idea. I have an iphone and have been considering a few different battery cases. some of them come with wireless charging.

·
Registered
214 Posts
What are you using the truck for? I went without step bars for 3 weeks then I got 5 in. Oval wheel to wheel bars installed.Raptor brand was one of the only ones for a 6'4 bed. Made a big difference getting in and out. It's a seat saver too wheel to wheel bars make it where you can wipe down the back glass.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Have you thought about any sort of bed liner or bed cover?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Floor mats and mup flaps 100%

·
Registered
360 Posts
Roll N Lock tonneau cover with the Cargo Manager. It is a great way to manage cargo and keep things safe and secure in the bed. I am finding new uses for it all the time. I also really like the Weathertech cargo liners front and rear. They are considerably better than their floor mats.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Extang trifold soft tonneau cover. Works well with the locking tailgate to keep things out of sight and secure. Plus it's really easy to open up when you need to haul items. It can be removed in 2 minutes and reinstalled just as quickly.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Good Floor Mats (I like Weatherguard) and Step Bars, first ride my wife went she asked when I was installing them, I put 5" oval stainless on and they work great.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I think that I'll definitely be putting on a tonneau cover. My last truck had a trifold Bakflip cover that I really liked.
I also like the idea of the side steps.

My main use is as a daily driver, but will also occasionally be hauling gear for camping or pulling a small travel trailer as well as the occasional yard/home improvement materials. So basically a daily driver with occasion other uses.

·
Registered
641 Posts
My favorite accessory is my Qi wireless cell phone charger. If you've not heard of this, google it. Most reasonably new phones are Qi capable, mine was. Some of the very newest have integrated Qi capability. I have a Samsung S3. I had to buy a little thing about half the size of a playing card that goes inside the phone next to the battery. I bought wireless chargers for both home at work. As a result, I don't have to plug the phone in to charge it. At home or work I just lay it on the charger. In the truck I just drop it in to the charging slot. This makes it really easy to keep bluetooth and data enabled on the phone, even tho they are hard on the battery.

I got 2 of the Qi chargers for the truck because I wasn't sure which idea I'd like the best. One is a conventional cell phone holder, and the other fits into a cupholder. I decided I liked the latter best. Charging the phone was always a pita. Now it's no trouble at all.
Ranger, which brand/model of Qi charger did you get for the truck?

Thanks

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I just ordered the Bak Roll-x tonneau cover. It looks great and it a hard rollup cover. If its as good as the Bak Flip cover I had on my Tacoma i'll be very pleased.

I ordered from BakFactoryDirect.com and got it for $680. I have the 6'4" bed so guys with the shorter beds might be able to get it for slightly less. Great service and free shipping.

·
Registered
360 Posts
680 for the 6'4 bed is pretty good, think he quoted me around 625 for a Fibermax for the 6'4 bed with rambox and it's usually about 50 more for RamBox covers. Just have to decide if it's worth the hundred more

·
Registered
284 Posts
I agree a good tonneau cover is very handy... I went with an Access Original Roll up. I've had them in the past and the quality is great, they have a life time warranty and once rolled you have complete access to the bed without removing anything. They also have there own storage straps that work very well to keep the cover rolled up and stop it from rubbing on the cab. I managed to get one shipped to my door for just over $425.00 (MSRP is just over $600.00).

·
Registered
1 Posts
Did a 2" leveling kit in front, step bars and just left the dealer after activating the Nav. system. Very nice on my Big Horn.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts