RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,

Long time creeper first time poster. Im a prospective ecodiesel buyer but I cant stand how Dodge prices their trucks. How much should I be paying for these trucks? Id like to get into a Laramie Q/C but I think that's above my price range. Although I don't really know, I want to go into the dealership armed with the knowledge of how much is a fair price but for an example. One of the local dealers has a Sport C/C listed for $58 869 plus taxes. On their local TV ad they say they are selling 4x4 Sports starting at 36 990. If I price one out of the website the most expensive I can make it is 57 055 including delivery and AC Tax. But right on the build site it does say -8500 consumer cash. So does that mean that sport would actually be over 65 000!? Who would pay that much? Brother in law bought a sport for 42 000 a year and a half ago. Im just using the Sport as an example because you don't have the option to select any other engine so it makes the truck less dynamic pricing wise. I should mention that I am in Canada, Alberta to be specific. If the Laramie Q/C is out of my range there are two Outdoorsman Ecodiesels at my local dealer, but both of those are listed at 57 000. So if my brother in law got a Sport for 42 000 and theyre listed at over 58 000 could I get into that Outdoorsman for around the same?

I assume Dodge does this to rip people off because this is the most confused ive ever been buying a vehicle.

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Should be able to get a laramie for 45-48 +tax give or take if u negotiate hard and shop a few dealers, also the is another 1500 bucks if you own a pickup or are a tradesman right now so that will bring you up to 10k off.

Just a point of reference I got my limited for 49702 + tax

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, Laramie is at the top end of my price range then. I may have to look at the SLT, Big Horn, or Outdoorsman. The local dealer has a CC Laramie for "67 000", how do i do the roll eyes emoticon, and the outdoorsman for 57 000. I suppose ill start there.

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Mine "msrp" was 68 and I got them to 49,7 so it pays to push hard and shop and walk away if need be, you will find a guy who want to make a sale! If not look in another province and drive one home! You should get what u want if not you'll never be happy lol

·
Registered
827 Posts
Truecar.com seems to provide pretty accurate estimates on real world pricing. Could start with that as a guideline and see how much dealers are willing to beat it. The prices dealers want will vary. I found the truck I was looking for at 5 different dealers w/in 400mi. MSRP was $47.6. 4 of the dealers wanted around $40k plus the usual fees, but one outfit wanted $43k because, as he claimed "it's a $50k truck."

I heard that dealers on the California coast are getting close to MSRP demand is so much higher than supply.

·
Registered
145 Posts
I'm in Ca and my local dealer said "you'll be lucky to get one at msrp anywhere. We have so much demand we are getting 9k OVER msrp!"

I laughed and walked out...

I've since been back. I found somebody with half a brain and he said they won't deal on a truck they have on the lot, but they will on orders. That's a little more reasonable and understandable. $500 under invoice is what they are saying, which is the same as the Tread Lightly affiliate program.

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
That's crazy! You guys out in cali are getting robbed! That saleman who told you 9K over, you should go back and. Kick him right in dick, that's just gouging! What a loser

·
Registered
149 Posts
Sticker on mine was 44.600
Quad cab 4x4 big horn with buckets 8.4 nav limited slip few mini or options and paid 36,200 out the door

·
Registered
827 Posts
That's crazy! You guys out in cali are getting robbed! That saleman who told you 9K over, you should go back and. Kick him right in dick, that's just gouging! What a loser
Econ101. The price for something is what the buyer will pay. Not robbery, not gouging, not a dickhead salesman. Economics.

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Not a very nice mentality, kinda like after a natural disaster and it has happened that some people who sell generators and gasoline start charging double or worse.... just economics

There is an msrp for a reason....

I think you would be hard pressed to find anyone on here that thinks 9k over msrp is fair

1 - 10 of 10 Posts