RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
The snowball is rolling. It seems like we're hearing stories like this on an hourly basis. On one hand I feel for anyone that has a truck on order, on the other hand it might be best overall and you may get a better deal after this corona virus thing has subsided. There's probably going to be all sorts of incentives coming out to try & get the economy rolling again.

·
Registered
813 Posts
Yep, it's crazy times all over again. FCA's stock price was cut in half this last week or so. GM's dropped 17% yesterday. Apparently vehicles aren't moving off the lots. I guess it makes sense when many potential buyers aren't sure if they still have a job. There'll probably be some fire sales and defaults as people try to get out from under their monthly vehicle payments.

·
Super Moderator
4,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
They have already put a halt on shut offs, foreclosures, evictions, etc here in Michigan, I'm sure that will include vehicles. I haven't heard anything specific about job protection, but I'm guessing since the state has gone through and forced the shut down of just about everything except for things that are "essential" that any company letting people go due to family obligations caused from this situation will have reprocussions.

·
Registered
813 Posts
They have already put a halt on shut offs, foreclosures, evictions, etc here in Michigan, I'm sure that will include vehicles. I haven't heard anything specific about job protection, but I'm guessing since the state has gone through and forced the shut down of just about everything except for things that are "essential" that any company letting people go due to family obligations caused from this situation will have reprocussions.
That'll partially shift the burden up the food chain to landlords, property managers, etc but it can only last so long. The bills will still accumulate and be owed, it's just delayed while little to no income is coming in.

As Ackman said yesterday, the government doesn't have the funds to bail out every company, every person, every loan, let alone for 6 to 18 months. There's gonna be fallout.

I called my fitness club manager about freezing the family's membership. I decided against it after he told me members were canceling and he isn't sure he will make it through this.

·
Registered
852 Posts
The good news is they haven't closed their Mexico operations. That's where my ordered 2020 3500 is being built.

It's interesting that with all the countries that have the virus we don't hear anything about it being in Mexico. No virus or not reporting? Last night's local news reported one case in Tijuana. The speculation is they got it from the gringos flocking into Tijuana to buy goods where there's no shortage, no limits and the Costco and Walmart are open.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
I have never got an appointment for service so quickly. Wide open. Getting fuel filters replaced. Geez, usually a week out.

·
Registered
13,231 Posts
Wife is guessing that few are shopping at dealers now. Major ads for sales, internet sales, free delivery and major discounts. Even Stingray Chevrolet in the Tampa area is doing multiple on-air ads for discounts on everything. I think it also includes the few 2020 Corvettes they got in.

Guessing the foot traffic to dealerships is way down but just a guess on my part.

·
Registered
4 Posts
The good news is they haven't closed their Mexico operations. That's where my ordered 2020 3500 is being built.

It's interesting that with all the countries that have the virus we don't hear anything about it being in Mexico. No virus or not reporting? Last night's local news reported one case in Tijuana. The speculation is they got it from the gringos flocking into Tijuana to buy goods where there's no shortage, no limits and the Costco and Walmart are open.
That’s because Mexico knows the power of Vick’s vapor rub haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
852 Posts
The new bad news ---
FCA announced closing the Mexico HD truck plant today.
Thankfully mine is built and ready to ship (waiting to be scheduled)
Hope it gets to the US b/4 the Pres closes the border

·
Registered
852 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The new bad news ---
FCA announced closing the Mexico HD truck plant today.
Thankfully mine is built and ready to ship (waiting to be scheduled)
Probably still going to be held up as shipping has been halted. GM has shuttered their Warren Technical center, I'm sure Ford and FCA have gone to similar lengths of closures.
Nothing with the Big 3 will even begin to start moving for the next two weeks at minimum.

·
Registered
852 Posts
Probably still going to be held up as shipping has been halted. GM has shuttered their Warren Technical center, I'm sure Ford and FCA have gone to similar lengths of closures.
Nothing with the Big 3 will even begin to start moving for the next two weeks at minimum.
I didn't know shipping was also stopped. And the border is closing at midnite.
Bummer! I think I'm being delayed for sure.
The good news is if it gets delayed to April 30 I get a $1000,00 discount. :D

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Any delays as I see it will be beneficial as the deal will be based on incentives offered at closing. We are in uncharted waters and these companies are hungry. You are in a good spot. Rest, exercise and reduce stress, you fight off the bug. This deal you are the winner.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Italy is a dumpster fire right now. On a human level they are devastated...worrying about production seems 1st world problem now. Hoping for bigger discounts post-Covid19...seriously?

Suppose I've simply zipped to many body bags and stamped too damn many toe tags in my day.

I DO understand the sentiment however, dirty money profits on the suffrage of other's misery. Is it a good time to buy after the dust settles? YES. Should one be circling like a buzzard to save a couple of thousand dollars? HELL NO.

Forgive me in advance if I misread some of the above posters intentions....who am I to judge another?

1 - 20 of 33 Posts