RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
13,211 Posts
Florida is not shut down but the Keys are. They are not allowing traffic in and out if not local. That has shut down the fishing and tourist industry which IS the lifeline of the Florida Keys.

Guessing the traffic north on I 75 and I 95 is nasty. Canadians have bailed out and headed home. Local trailer park is near absent of motorhomes and those big 5th wheel trailers people live in all winter. Local dealer not getting parts in to do a transmission recall on mine. It is supposed to be an issue causing it to run hot. I know all about stuff like that but so far, not even a hint of the issue. Those needing parts for their vehicles just might be in a "pickle".

·
Super Moderator
3,133 Posts
John you might get your 3500.. with a bed cover and 7 new friends under it.

·
Registered
268 Posts
I find it interesting reading this thread. The nation has whole is shutting down & the government is asking everyone to minimize their activities, shelter in place were necessary and practice social distancing. Yet in this thread it seems like the thing we're concerned with the most is if I can get a new truck or my truck serviced. I can understand some of this, but the fact is that would mean you are going out and doing the exact opposite of what needs to be done for trying to slow the spread of this virus.

There's hundreds of thousands of our fellow Americans that have been severely impacted this week by losing their incomes in an attempt to slow the rate of infection in this country. The least we can do as individuals, is modify our behaviors and stay home as much as possible. Prioritize things in life, you'll need to go out for groceries and other essential's, but going out to buy a car or have one serviced should be way down on the list. We're all in this together, let's all pull together, there will be time in the future to get back to thinking about buying cars & trucks. The only thing I know for sure is that America & the world for that matter is now a changed place. I don't know what it will look like six months or a year from now, but I do know it will be way different than it was before the Covid-19 shit hit the fan.

·
Registered
849 Posts
John you might get your 3500.. with a bed cover and 7 new friends under it.
Vern,
If that happens I'll do like the coyotes and charge each of them $3000.00 to let them out. :D

·
Registered
849 Posts
I find it interesting reading this thread. The nation has whole is shutting down & the government is asking everyone to minimize their activities, shelter in place were necessary and practice social distancing. Yet in this thread it seems like the thing we're concerned with the most is if I can get a new truck or my truck serviced. I can understand some of this, but the fact is that would mean you are going out and doing the exact opposite of what needs to be done for trying to slow the spread of this virus.

There's hundreds of thousands of our fellow Americans that have been severely impacted this week by losing their incomes in an attempt to slow the rate of infection in this country. The least we can do as individuals, is modify our behaviors and stay home as much as possible. Prioritize things in life, you'll need to go out for groceries and other essential's, but going out to buy a car or have one serviced should be way down on the list. We're all in this together, let's all pull together, there will be time in the future to get back to thinking about buying cars & trucks. The only thing I know for sure is that America & the world for that matter is now a changed place. I don't know what it will look like six months or a year from now, but I do know it will be way different than it was before the Covid-19 shit hit the fan.
Wow - that's quite a rant.
For your satisfaction, I have not left my home since it was suggested (not ordered as it is now).
And if you can't understand why I'm concerned about my $78,000.00 vehicle investment I feel sorry for you.
There's nothing wrong with your rant other than you're implying that I am not in compliance. You have no idea what I am doing or how I am in compliance or how the Cor19 is affecting me or how I have modified my behaviors!

The title of this thread is Production delay, not your spin.

·
Registered
13,211 Posts
Think this is out of place. This IS a truck forum, not a social networking crying towel. The seriousness of the virus problem has impacted truck activities. We are here to talk about the truck activities as related to the virus situation. That is what is going on and what I think is appropriate for this forum.

·
Super Moderator
4,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
There are varying degrees of lock down across the country, large dense populated areas have a complete lock down other areas nothing at all.
Part of why I started this thread to let people less affected by the lock downs know why things have come to a stand still with the automotive industry. I get first hand information, some of which I can pass along.

It's understandable for people to be concerned about an ongoing major financial transaction, but it doesn't mean that their concerns for the Coronavirus are any less.

·
Registered
268 Posts
I'm sorry if you take my post as a rant. It wasn't intended as such! I'm very concerned that there are many of our fellow country members who aren't taking this virus in the serious nature that it should be viewed or the appropriate measures taken by all of us for the good of everyone. I'm in no way pointing fingers at any one individual or making any accusations that you aren't doing your part. I know this is at truck discussion site & that's why I'm here, we all have a common interest of ram ecodiesel trucks. In that vein we should all be interested in each others well being for both those watching the forum and their families in these trying times.

If being concerned about what's happening in the current times we're living in and thinking that it's not a high priority or IMO a good idea to be going to auto dealership s right now and I'm rather surprised that posting about those concerns here is forbidden conversation.

All I want is for everyone to stay safe & be healthy so we can get past these trying times, so we can go back to the normal life of buying trucks, planning vacations & so on.

I apologize if I offended anyone here!!!

·
Registered
849 Posts
^^^^^ Apology accepted (y)

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
There’s definitely an interruption in parts manufacturing going on. Its such a globalized business. But this will fix itself...hopefully.
Dealers have to be dead. But this I suspect we’re all in the shock and awe portion of the pandemic. sales cycle.

So the last thing on people’s mind is dropping $50k on a new truck.

·
Super Moderator
4,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
There’s definitely an interruption in parts manufacturing going on. Its such a globalized business. But this will fix itself...hopefully.
Dealers have to be dead.
Just Friday the Big 3 agreed to man parts distribution on a paid but volunteer basis: UAW, Detroit 3 agree to run parts distribution centers with paid volunteers only

I know several dealers around the Metro Detroit area are shut down. I'm guessing there is a couple open for service as local law enforcement, fire and ambulances vehicles are serviced at dealers.

·
Super Moderator
4,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
There is speculation of the plants starting back up, but I think the Michigan governor will probably pressure them to stay closed until things start to improve in the metro Detroit area.
The April 14 kick in date will make things busy on the streets as a lot of schools are also anticipating returning that week also.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts