RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

There is a lot of rumor aka bad news circulating around the web, and here on our site, that the production schedule for the RAM 1500 EcoDiesel has been delayed and pushed back until May. According to Donlen.com the production of the RAM 1500 3.0L V6 Turbo Diesel Engine (EXF) isn't scheduled for production until 5/1/2014, but before throwing your hands up in disgust and cursing out the RAM division for yet another delay we can tell you this is incorrect. Was the Donlen report way off? Well, yes and no. There was a mix up and a huge misprint. What is happening is that RAM is also releasing the EcoDiesel in their Promaster Van's and that truck is scheduled for production in May not the RAM 1500 EcoDiesel.

Everyone breathe a sigh of relief. The 1500 ED's are sitting in Quality Containment right now and will be released in waves in early to mid March. Those of you who have put in your orders can still expect to receive them on time. There you have it folks. The rumor that caused a wave of anxiety was none other than a huge mistake. Ok really huge mistake--ok massive mistake. The RAM 1500 EcoDiesel is on schedule!

·
Registered
279 Posts
GOOD JOB ON THE REPORTING CK.
Did you talk to Ram to confirm production and delivery?
March would be a good sign, orders are making it through the supply chain.... hope it is correct, the faithful have been patient here.

Marsman

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
A misprint sort of makes sense except that the diesel that goes in the Promaster is a different engine, the 3.0L I4 F1C, with production starting April 7 according to Donlen. Some people speculated that the May 1 date for the 1500 3.0L V6 might refer to fleet orders that were delayed by the heavy dealer demand. Each of us probably called multiple dealers several times so it's no wonder the dealers went crazy with orders. ;)

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Just stopped by a dealer, and they confirmed, it is set back.

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Thanks for that good news.

Like most of us here.... I've been eagerly awaiting the real release of the new diesel. I had 2500 Cummins, and loved it. But in 2010, I needed a new truck, and couldn't drop $50k and I really didn't need a 3/4 ton. So, I got my 1500.

I hope they actually get to the dealers soon... my tires are getting thin, and I don't want to put on a new set before I trade in my truck. (lol)

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
GOOD JOB ON THE REPORTING CK.
Did you talk to Ram to confirm production and delivery?
March would be a good sign, orders are making it through the supply chain.... hope it is correct, the faithful have been patient here.

Marsman
Yes this is directly from RAM.

·
Registered
360 Posts
My Laramie 1500 Diesel is scheduled for production on 3/16. I should have it about 7-10 days later.

·
Registered
65 Posts
My Laramie 1500 Diesel is scheduled for production on 3/16. I should have it about 7-10 days later.
I wouldn't get my hopes up for the sake of your sanity. Mine was scheduled for production Feb 22 with an estimated ship date of the 28th. It was in Trim still as of Friday.

·
Registered
366 Posts
I wouldn't get my hopes up for the sake of your sanity. Mine was scheduled for production Feb 22 with an estimated ship date of the 28th. It was in Trim still as of Friday.
wah wah wah. Ive been waiting months and Im not even in D status yet so you just enjoy the progress lol

·
Registered
65 Posts
wah wah wah. Ive been waiting months and Im not even in D status yet so you just enjoy the progress lol
Lol. You shouldn't have ordered an Outdoorsman. :p

I'm actually fine with the process. I was told end of March so that's what I'm planning on. From what I've read at other forums is that the shipping is what's making a lot of others mad.

·
Registered
691 Posts
From what I've read at other forums is that the shipping is what's making a lot of others mad.
We're Americans*. Waiting patiently isn't our strong suit.

* Lots of Canucks here so strictly speaking it should say "North Americans." The joke doesn't work as well that way tho.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
retrictions-apply-sign-small.jpg
Be thankful you're not in China where there are so many restrictions you might have to try for several years before getting the car of your dreams, and then the license plates will cost more than the car. At least here we don't restrict the days you can drive.

·
Registered
102 Posts
What is the D stage? When I login to the ram VTI and put in my VIN, it says scheduled for production.
D stage is "firm schedule - dealer has allocation and all parts available"
by now I'm sure your in D1 - "gateline schedule - scheduled to be built"

All stages can be deciphered here at [Official] Order Status Codes - Thanks to MrPartyk

·
Registered
189 Posts
Egodiesel,I've been watching your status for some time now and wondering if delay was due to being the Outdoorsman or the 3.92 gears.Since the Laramie I've ordered has 3.92's and was bumped into D yesturday after only 8 days,it must be the Outdoorsman that's the hold up.Hang in there,it's a great pkg.I had a tough time deciding between it and my Laramie.Only chose Laramie due to a few options it already had.Also I like the lower silver 2 tone w/Max steel.Good luck !

·
Registered
366 Posts
Egodiesel,I've been watching your status for some time now and wondering if delay was due to being the Outdoorsman or the 3.92 gears.Since the Laramie I've ordered has 3.92's and was bumped into D yesturday after only 8 days,it must be the Outdoorsman that's the hold up.Hang in there,it's a great pkg.I had a tough time deciding between it and my Laramie.Only chose Laramie due to a few options it already had.Also I like the lower silver 2 tone w/Max steel.Good luck !
I know exactly what the delay is, I just vent to feel better and to keep people from getting too upset(because there's always someone worse off).

The Outdoorsman trucks with 20" rim option, 3.92, and Ecodiesel started production on the 10th and the same trucks with standard 17s are supposed to start on the 20th. I heard that separately from both my dealer and the Ram employee I talk to. I'm not holding my breath but it's kind of cool that nearly everything I ordered for the truck will be in the day I pick it up. Seat covers could be a week late but dealership said April 1st delivery which is enough time for the cap, tail-lights, visors, deflector and floor mats to show up.

Look at the bright side: the longer it takes to show up the more I can increase my down-payment. In a week I'll know if any of this timeline stuff is real and my positivity may turn into raving lunacy.
GUESS WE'LL SEE...

.......could also be the carpet-delete........

·
Registered
102 Posts
Look at the bright side: the longer it takes to show up the more I can increase my down-payment
I think that's the biggest reason I'm not upset about my truck not being ready. That and I wont be able to take some PTO to fly down to the dealership I bought my Longhorn from until the second week of April. So... as long as it's ready by about then!

·
Registered
7 Posts
So, I received this email last week stating that my vehicle was now scheduled and would potentially stay in this stage up to two weeks. Then I should expect it to move quickly through the build process. Then also mentioned my next email would be when it is in frame status. So, is this D1 stage?

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
So, I received this email last week stating that my vehicle was now scheduled and would potentially stay in this stage up to two weeks. Then I should expect it to move quickly through the build process. Then also mentioned my next email would be when it is in frame status. So, is this D1 stage?
THe second email put your truck in D1. It's about 2 weeks from a build date. When the truck is at Frame... it's "E".

1 - 20 of 34 Posts