1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
12,796 Posts
Could not find that particular information but sure delighted in the three different ads. Two sell Chevys. One sells two different Fords. Kate tells it all trying to sell her Silverado. Actually forwarded that to my wife. She may see me a the dinner table tonight too.

Thanks for the idea, even if the link did not put me to that build topic. Knew they were going into production right now from an earlier source. Think dealers can put in orders also. Only thing is I think those orders are just being racked up with no filing and filling going on right now. That will change soon, maybe even while I write this.

Thanks for the idea.

·
Registered
913 Posts
The Ram website, at least today, didn't show the Ecodiesel as an option, but they are also only listing 2019 models.

·
Registered
44 Posts
On the edge of my seat also... Anyone know if dealers are taking orders? Or are they even in the dealers System to?.. according to the OP, the trucks are over a week into production already. Any confirmation?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,578 Posts
Dealers have stock orders in for Gas 2020s and are taking orders for gas 2020s. Dealer I talked to had only speculation, no real information, regarding when the 2020 Ecodiesel would be available to order.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Dealers have stock orders in for Gas 2020s and are taking orders for gas 2020s. Dealer I talked to had only speculation, no real information, regarding when the 2020 Ecodiesel would be available to order.
Where you located?..

·
Registered
4,578 Posts
Where you located?..

In Northern Wisconsin as it shows in my Avatar/signature block. It is a rural area with the dealer being a combined Ford and Chrysler dealer that is not part of any national chain. The largest town in the area has a population of about 8000.

·
Registered
913 Posts
The article that I read said the Ecodiesel wouldn't start production until the fourth quarter, which would be October. My guess is that Ram will update their website closer to September/October timeframe when the Ecodiesel is available for order. As of know, there is no mention on Ram's website of the new Ecodiesel engine, let alone horsepower, torque or fuel economy numbers.

·
Registered
286 Posts
I've heard it was going to be 260Hp and 480 torque. I haven't seen anything about mpg for it yet. Today I talked to my local dealer and he said they haven't seen anything from FCA about numbers or taking orders on 2020 ecodiesels. Is that pretty much what everyone is hearing ?

·
Registered
913 Posts
I've heard it was going to be 260Hp and 480 torque. I haven't seen anything about mpg for it yet. Today I talked to my local dealer and he said they haven't seen anything from FCA about numbers or taking orders on 2020 ecodiesels. Is that pretty much what everyone is hearing ?
As far as I know, the order bank hasn't been opened. And I doubt it will be opened until Ram updates their website to reflect all the information.

·
Registered
913 Posts
The 2020 model 1500's started production July 22nd according to 5th Gen Rams, with the Eco Diesel being introduced next month (August).

https://5thgenrams.com/production-of-the-2020-ram-1500-has-begun/
If that is true, which I have no reason to dispute it, then I'm surprised that Ram hasn't made that information available on their website. I'm also surprised that the order bank isn't opened. Considering that August is next week, I have a hard time believing the Ecodiesel will makes its way on the lot, especially when Ram hasn't even announced EPA fuel estimates? Maybe all this information will be made available sometime within the next few weeks....

If true, I'm happy to see that Walnut Brown is going to be a new color for the 1500! That's the color I wanted. I wonder if there's a difference between Walnut Brown and Walnut Brown RV Match???

Edit: When you said ''introduced'', I thought you were meaning that the Ecodiesel would make their way to the lots, but I assume that you mean introduced to the public as in "new release with all the information." My bad for misinterpreting.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I believe they will announce the EPA Ratings very soon because Chevy announced there’s recently.. I don’t think they want to be that far behind the comp. Also, I am interested in the New Olive color.. Jeep has had an Olive color available in their trucks in the past couple of years. Wondering if it’s close to that color?

·
Registered
913 Posts
Some journalists report they will have a 2020 ED for evaluation sometime in August. It won't be long now.
I can't wait to hear GDE's report on whether the 5th gen will be easily tunable or not.

1 - 20 of 78 Posts