RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

21 - 40 of 78 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
I wish he would have addressed the main bearings failures or rather what has been done to improve longevity & reliability.

·
Registered
12,799 Posts
This video is worth the second look. Somehow the plain engine shots and information on earlier videos does not put the package in perspective as this one does.

Man I hope it is tunable.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Anything’s tunable just depends on learning the system. What gets me is now 2 egr systems. One pre turbo. One post dpf. Guess the epa won’t be happy until the engines exhaust pipes go directly back to the intake and never burn fresh air

·
Registered
306 Posts
anything’s tunable just depends on learning the system. What gets me is now 2 egr systems. One pre turbo. One post dpf. Guess the epa won’t be happy until the engines exhaust pipes go directly back to the intake and never burn fresh air
lol !

·
Registered
780 Posts
Anything’s tunable just depends on learning the system. What gets me is now 2 egr systems. One pre turbo. One post dpf. Guess the epa won’t be happy until the engines exhaust pipes go directly back to the intake and never burn fresh air
According to Banks, one benefit of the high/low egr is less soot/gunk in the intake. There's a few new diesel engine designs using the idea.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Looks like the same bosch edc17 tricore ecm whi h can be already be read/write with ktag. If this is the case GDE will be quick to release the tune offcourse after they do all their tests.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Looks like no coolant level sensor yet again. My 2000 vw tdi did. Thats another thing the could have added. Its already standard in so many cars/trucks

·
Super Moderator
3,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
$3k over the Hemi seems about right. I think the up charge I paid when I ordered was about $2,600. Also believe I read the GM 3.0 diesel is about the same upcharge over the 5.3. What’s the up charge on the big diesels about $10k?

·
Registered
12,799 Posts
$3k over the Hemi seems about right. I think the up charge I paid when I ordered was about $2,600. Also believe I read the GM 3.0 diesel is about the same upcharge over the 5.3. What’s the up charge on the big diesels about $10k?
The Ecodiesel is about $4,000 more than the stock V6. Now with the 2020 it will be going up to $5,000. The Cummins is booked at a $9,000 uncharge over whatever they call "stock" in a 2500.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Any more news from reliable sources as to when they hit the order systems .. Availability?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
913 Posts
Any more news from reliable sources as to when they hit the order systems .. Availability?
FCA is saying they will be available in the fourth quarter, but I have not seen a specific date given. Dealerships are beginning to say that the order bank is about to open, though.

·
Registered
44 Posts
The third-generation 3.0-liter EcoDiesel V6 is currently not listed on the configurator as of this writing, but 5thGenRams.com have reached out to Ram Trucks and have been told that it will be added soon. Dealers should already be able to order new 2020 Ram 1500 EcoDiesels and those trucks will be arriving in the fourth quarter of this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
780 Posts
At least one article says the 2020 ED doesn't have a start-stop build option. On the other hand, Car and Driver says the 2020 Jeep ED "comes standard with an engine start-stop system."

If I googled correctly, the GM 3.0L is the only 2020 half ton diesel with an exhaust brake. That should help to reduce brake applications on the Ike Gauntlet descent comparison.

21 - 40 of 78 Posts