RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

41 - 60 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
The third-generation 3.0-liter EcoDiesel V6 is currently not listed on the configurator as of this writing, but 5thGenRams.com have reached out to Ram Trucks and have been told that it will be added soon. Dealers should already be able to order new 2020 Ram 1500 EcoDiesels and those trucks will be arriving in the fourth quarter of this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was at dealership in Toronto , zero info at all :((

·
Registered
125 Posts
So with all this speculation about when the new ED will be on the configurator, and when they will release the EPA fuel economy numbers, etc., I just had a thought that the State Fair of Texas is just a few weeks away, and I'll bet that would make a great opportunity for an official release

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
So the big 3, all have a new baby diesel. Everyone is all excited. A form should be signed by all who buy one so that they understand some basic issues. Really, the unsuspecting soul why buys the new jeep gladiator should be required to check off boxes with initials on the following:

Buy your diesel from high volume outlets. Keep receipts as your on your own if you get bad fuel
Buy you DEF with caution. Keep receipts. Old DEF is not covered in your warranty
Don't drive locally or idle as this will result into the engine going in a shut down mode.
Your emission system is only covered under a 3/36 warranty. EGR coolers fail frequently, cost to repair exceeds 2k.
Your intake manifold will be clogged by 75k to 100k miles.
Deleting or tuning will resolve many of the above issues but will violate your warranty and the federal clean air act.

·
Registered
913 Posts
I would be happy if the 4WD truck got 30 mpg. I expected 30 mpg from the 2WD. 40 mpg would be nuts!

·
Registered
913 Posts
Planning to order a 1500 Ecodeisel.. I wish I can just find one on a lot. That would be ideal
Ha! Sorry, I get confused since I'm on the Gladiator Forum and the 1500 Forum! I think you would get better discounts if you found one on the lot, but I'm going to be a little more picky this go around and will probably have to order one.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Nothing from Texas State Fair... When are they releasing this Damn Truck???!!

FCA has been fairly consistent in saying that the ED will be available in the 4th quarter of 2019. The question is; Does that mean Oct. 1st or Dec. 31st ?? My guess is they already have the EPA approval and are planning a big roll out campaign in the next couple of months. Until the head honcho in charge of that roll out gives the green light, the general public and the dealerships will be keep in the dark.

·
Registered
44 Posts
The announcement in August.. let all the reviewers drive and test, but not making it available... Doesn’t make any sense. Chevy wasted no time. It’s on their site, can build one, and order. My opinion, they are losing out on the people that jumped ship, and went with the Chevy.

·
Registered
913 Posts
Fourth quarter technically starts next week. Ram is currently updating their website as we speak with the 2020 trucks including the Ecodiesel.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Fourth quarter technically starts next week. Ram is currently updating their website as we speak with the 2020 trucks including the Ecodiesel.
I’ll believe it when I see it.. You are able to Build a 20 now for about a month already.

·
Registered
913 Posts
I’ll believe it when I see it.. You are able to Build a 20 now for about a month already.
Jeep released some information yesterday on the Wrangler Ecodiesel. I could be wrong, but I think the Wrangler and the Gladiator Ecodiesel now have release dates, or at least time-frames for their release.

·
Registered
913 Posts
Hoping Tuesday.. or I might start looking at the other options
I would be patient. The 1500 Ecodiesels have been getting built and stockpiled. My guess is that they are just waiting for the EPA to release the numbers. I think that's the reason why they missed the Texas State Fair release. Trust me, Ram would love to get these Rams out on the lots to boost sales.

41 - 60 of 78 Posts