RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
4,622 Posts
MOecodiesel , the fobs you purchased on Amazon ,
were they saying will only work on model year up to 2012 ??
and worked anyways ??
here is the only link I have :
they were available 2 days ago , 2 fobs for $25 , now says unavailable , but are those te ones you got ??

======================================================
this link say 2013 to 2018 ... but unavailable too

·
Registered
9 Posts
If you look on the very tip of your keys, there will be an FCC ID and that is what I searched on. Mine was GQ4-53T and the one I purchased from is here

Note that the number on the tip of the key is the same whether you do or don't have remote start. Make sure you order the one either with or without remote start based on your configuration.

·
Registered
4,622 Posts
Thanks MOecodiesel ,(y)
that is precious info I have never read about before , I looked at my key fob , ( needed magnifying glass to see writings :rolleyes: )
my truck is a 2015 , but I have the same FCC ID :GQ4-53T fob
--------------------------------
and it has the P: 56046955AF as a part number on the tip too ,
googling that gave me this : 56046955AF - Genuine Mopar KEY FOB-INTEGRATED KEY FOB.

the first line of numbers , over the part number , is different on my spare fob ,
all 3 other lines are identical .

- - - - - - - - - -
there is a way to get the ''key blank'' we can get to have the metal key that slides in the fob :

·
Registered
4,622 Posts
yeah in case the local hardware cannot copy those keys ,
we could get one and put it in a magnetic box hidden under truck , for risk of keys locked in the truck ,
I often see my passengers accidently hit the Lock button , in the door handle , while getting out of the truck ,
some people don't miss a chance to create troubles ............:devilish:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Just a quick update on this: I programmed two new FOBs (Fobik) with AlphaOBD….worked great. Well worth the $49 app price, and now I can tweak other stuff on the truck if I want. I got the PIN for my truck from my local dealer parts desk, no cost. They just need to verify that you are the owner.
Do you have the push button start option?

·
Registered
191 Posts
Gonna be trying this tomorrow!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Just providing a quick update on this thread. I wanted some spare keys for my 2019 Ram 1500 Classic EcoDiesel, so I decided to roll the dice and give it a go.
  • For getting my pin, I used the Pin Puller app, which required a $15 credit purchase to unlock one vehicle, but allowed me to get my Pin without having to ask the dealer. (there is a thread on that app on the ram forum)
  • Then I used AlfaODB to program the 2 keys I purchased on Amazon (page 225 on the massive AlfaODB thread on ram forum). The first time it gave me an error and I thought it wasn't going to work, but I shut it off, waited for 5 minutes, and then tried again and got success. Both keys now work for lock/unlock/remote start/regular start.
I ended up with $50 in 2 new keys, counting the $15 for the PIN. I always like to have spares so for me it was money well spent.

MOecodiesel, I also have a 2019 Ram 1500 Classic EcoDiesel and want to program 2 new keys as well as the Remote Start. I have the SGW bypass from kaodTech installed. I tired it earlier today and the Starting. Please wait... never ended when I tried to start the Fobik Baseline procedure. I think I waited like 3 or 4 minutes. Any advice?

21 - 30 of 30 Posts