RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 263 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

Some of you saw the conversation discussed in the GDE thread last week where we talked about using AlphaOBD to program injector codes and the Vin into another ECM. I have another ECM, and alphaOBD so I can give this a shot. The VIN is really straight forward and I'm ready to do this, however I wanted to reach out for some assistance on the injector codes. In AlphaOBD, it has the location to enter a 9-character injector value. Looking at the injector code on my engine, I'm not seeing 9 digits and am assuming its within the codes on the sticker. Does anyone know which 9 characters I should enter? I've attached screenshots

Thanks.

Screenshots below. No idea why the injector codes picture is upside down. Its not on my computer. Tried flipping it so it was upside down on my computer, and its upside down online still. flipped it back, still upside down haha.
Screenshot_20191001-165521.png
Screenshot_20191001-165547.png
Screenshot_20191001-165526.png
Screenshot_20191001-165536.png
MY Injector Codes.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
3,256 Posts
wondering if you should find the rear axle ratio info , if you have a 3.55 , but the used stock ECM
was used in a truck with 3.92 , it would probably change the feeding of the fuel ( I don't know how to say clearly what I am thinking in english) ..:(
also a used ECM coming from a Jeep Grand Cherokee that is lighter that a RAM ,would it be tuned
to lift that heavier RAM from a standstill / complete stop ?

hope something that simple does not explain why some have truck turn into a turd after AEM ,
let's say FCA was dumb enough to put 3.92 ratio in all the AEM tunes , wouldn't the 3.55 trucks
take off with less "pep".....?

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
wondering if you should find the rear axle ratio info , if you have a 3.55 , but the used stock ECM
was used in a truck with 3.92 , it would probably change the feeding of the fuel ( I don't know how to say clearly what I am thinking in english) ..:(
also a used ECM coming from a Jeep Grand Cherokee that is lighter that a RAM ,would it be tuned
to lift that heavier RAM from a standstill / complete stop ?

hope something that simple does not explain why some have truck turn into a turd after AEM ,
let's say FCA was dumb enough to put 3.92 ratio in all the AEM tunes , wouldn't the 3.55 trucks
take off with less "pep".....?
I've located the settings for the vehicle year, vin, injector codes, rear diff. There aren't any settings that I have found that correlate to vehicle size/weight. I will make sure all of the settings I've found are in line with what my truck is. I am going to do a step by step video so others can see how to do this as well as a write up with screenshots.

·
Registered
3,256 Posts
Maritime cruise ships , emitting 3,500 times more sulphur than a land vehicule
ultra fine particules 1000 times smaller than a human hair .
Big container ships , 2 of those , and you have exeeded the total pollution of all the vehicules on the planet ,
so , make me feel guilty for the 5000 miles a year I use my vehicule , while big corporation emits
massive quantities of crap into the air ,,, I don't think so . ( 51,400 merchants ships over the oceans today , no win situation = doomed )
not trying to deflect accusations by pointing out other bad behaviors , I'm doing my best to minimise my footprint , and not destroy my investment
just to comply with rules that are made by agencies looking the other way when much worst criminals are doing something billions of times worst than
a million little guys.
again same videos previously posted .

·
Registered
200 Posts
was used in a truck with 3.92 , it would probably change the feeding of the fuel
If the rear gear ratio is wrong the ECU and Tranny will show as a ratio mismatch (RPM vs expected RPM; outside of whatever limit FCA determines) and throw the tranny into limp mode.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I reached out to GDE, and they were very gracious to show me how to decipher the injector codes from the engine stickers. I've attached an image on how to do that. I've now ran into a new issue. AlphaOBD is wanting 9 digit codes and the Ecodiesel injectors use 7 digit codes. I've sent a message to AlphaOBD to see what their feedback is.

Decipher Ecodiesel injector codes.png

·
Registered
444 Posts
This is the kind of excellent content this forum needs. Actual useful information gleaned from research and trial and error.

Thank you Gputah for working through this. If you can get it to work and put together a tutorial, I'm sure it will really help some people down the road.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
AlphaOBD replied to my email and said that this was a bug and should have been resolved in the latest version. They recommended I update my app. I checked and there are no updates for me for AlphaOBD. I'm going to uninstall and reinstall it just to make sure. I plan on testing this either way tonight when I get home and see if it will let me enter the 7 digit injector codes. Perhaps it's just a typo in the message and it will actually let me do it.

I'll post an update later this evening.

·
Registered
680 Posts
AlphaOBD replied to my email and said that this was a bug and should have been resolved in the latest version. They recommended I update my app. I checked and there are no updates for me for AlphaOBD. I'm going to uninstall and reinstall it just to make sure. I plan on testing this either way tonight when I get home and see if it will let me enter the 7 digit injector codes. Perhaps it's just a typo in the message and it will actually let me do it. I'll post an update later this evening.
You probably already know, if not, AlfaOBD for android updates automatically. AlfaOBD for windows does not, you have to update it manually.

·
Registered
25 Posts
AlphaOBD replied to my email and said that this was a bug and should have been resolved in the latest version. They recommended I update my app. I checked and there are no updates for me for AlphaOBD. I'm going to uninstall and reinstall it just to make sure. I plan on testing this either way tonight when I get home and see if it will let me enter the 7 digit injector codes. Perhaps it's just a typo in the message and it will actually let me do it.

Is it possible to use the Alpha to read out the injector codes already in the ecu, to see if it puts extra leading or trailing digits?

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

Is it possible to use the Alpha to read out the injector codes already in the ecu, to see if it puts extra leading or trailing digits?
I tried. It gives me most everything else but not the injector codes. I tried that after I couldn't find the codes yesterday. That would have made things easier. 🙂

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I wasn't able to make it back to testing tonight, wife had other plans. :) I'll work on this again tomorrow afternoon and see if I can get this to work. I an positive it will, as long as AlphaOBD accepts the 7 digit codes. Everything else seems pretty straightforward.

·
Administrator
8,254 Posts
I wasn't able to make it back to testing tonight, wife had other plans. :) I'll work on this again tomorrow afternoon and see if I can get this to work. I an positive it will, as long as AlphaOBD accepts the 7 digit codes. Everything else seems pretty straightforward.
Did Alexey mention anything about if the immo data has to be synchronized somehow after the VIN and injector codes are changed?

1 - 20 of 263 Posts