RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

721 - 740 of 752 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Just an update from my issues from a couple pages back: I contacted Ram customer care. After about 2 weeks, they basically said I wasn't going to be able to get the V08 recall, but did ensure that I could get the others done. I contacted the Ecodiesel settlement lawyers. I spoke with a paralegal who got my info to a Ecodiesel settlement lawyer. About a month ago they said they would get back to me when they heard back from the FCA lawyers... But, I haven't heard anything since. I sent an email after a couple weeks and got nothing.

Fast forward to today: I went ahead and scheduled service to the get the other two recalls done at another dealer. When I went in to pick up my truck they had completed the V08! I even got paperwork advising of my updated warranty. On the other hand, they aren't sure when they will be able to complete the EGR recall because the part is backordered. So, I'm still waiting for that. Anyway, I assume this means that I can submit the rest of the paperwork for the financial part of V08 as well, but I'm not sure.

Oh, and for anyone in the area: I strongly recommend avoiding Green Dodge in Springfield, IL

·
Registered
186 Posts
Just an update from my issues from a couple pages back: I contacted Ram customer care. After about 2 weeks, they basically said I wasn't going to be able to get the V08 recall, but did ensure that I could get the others done. I contacted the Ecodiesel settlement lawyers. I spoke with a paralegal who got my info to a Ecodiesel settlement lawyer. About a month ago they said they would get back to me when they heard back from the FCA lawyers... But, I haven't heard anything since. I sent an email after a couple weeks and got nothing.

Fast forward to today: I went ahead and scheduled service to the get the other two recalls done at another dealer. When I went in to pick up my truck they had completed the V08! I even got paperwork advising of my updated warranty. On the other hand, they aren't sure when they will be able to complete the EGR recall because the part is backordered. So, I'm still waiting for that. Anyway, I assume this means that I can submit the rest of the paperwork for the financial part of V08 as well, but I'm not sure.

Oh, and for anyone in the area: I strongly recommend avoiding Green Dodge in Springfield, IL
TKS for the info.

·
Registered
8 Posts
What makes you say that about GD if you don't mind my asking.
See my posts from back a few pages.

Eventually, I got it straightened out but had to go through a lawyer who interfaced with FCA directly. After discussing what happened to me with a couple friends, it turns out that this sort of thing is just business as usual for their service department which seems to have a history of poor service and quality.

Edit: I shortened this post since it was off topic from the discussion.

·
Registered
4,839 Posts
I'm in Springfield often, thanks for the heads up about Green Dodge. I use my selling dealer in St. Louis.

·
Registered
2014, Ram 1500 Eco-diesel, Longhorn Edition, Crew Cab, 4x4.
35 Posts
Hello all,

Some of you saw the conversation discussed in the GDE thread last week where we talked about using AlphaOBD to program injector codes and the Vin into another ECM. I have another ECM, and alphaOBD so I can give this a shot. The VIN is really straight forward and I'm ready to do this, however I wanted to reach out for some assistance on the injector codes. In AlphaOBD, it has the location to enter a 9-character injector value. Looking at the injector code on my engine, I'm not seeing 9 digits and am assuming its within the codes on the sticker. Does anyone know which 9 characters I should enter? I've attached screenshots

Thanks.

Screenshots below. No idea why the injector codes picture is upside down. Its not on my computer. Tried flipping it so it was upside down on my computer, and its upside down online still. flipped it back, still upside down haha.
View attachment 82942
View attachment 82944
View attachment 82948
View attachment 82946
View attachment 82952
Gputah,
Where did you find the injector code sticker? I've looked in my engine compartment and cannot find the sticker on my 14 Eco.
Thanks in advance for the help

·
Super Moderator
2015 Outdoorsman EcoD CC w/6.4' 4X4
4,783 Posts
Where did you find the injector code sticker? I've looked in my engine compartment and cannot find the sticker on my 14 Eco.
It's on the front of the engine/fuel pump cover, passenger side.
If that sticker isn't there then you need to read them off the top of each injector.

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
It looks like this

Reactions: Jagj52

·
Registered
298 Posts
My layman's understanding: I believe the codes describe the fuel flow of the individual injectors. They are chosen to provide equal torque/power in each cylinder and compensate for manufacturing variances in compression/leakdown/airflow, etc. Incorrect coding could result in an engine not running as smoothly as optimal.

·
Registered
2014, Ram 1500 Eco-diesel, Longhorn Edition, Crew Cab, 4x4.
35 Posts

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Thanks for the info

Thanks for the info John. BTW, any idea what the sticker above the injector sticker is for?
Ha, ha - Good question - I have no idea

Reactions: Jagj52

·
Registered
336 Posts
It's on the front of the engine/fuel pump cover, passenger side.
If that sticker isn't there then you need to read them off the top of each injector.
Just in case someone gets in this position, you can read the injector codes using AlfaOBD now. Just connect and got to the "battery" icon. Click "Read System Status". It will be a ways down the list that AlfaOBD spits out, but the codes will be in their. (For reference: I use the android app)

·
Super Moderator
2015 Outdoorsman EcoD CC w/6.4' 4X4
4,783 Posts
Just in case someone gets in this position, you can read the injector codes using AlfaOBD now.
I'm guessing it reads the injector code that's programmed into the ECM and not the actual code on the injector.
You would have to read the injector codes out of the original ECM, write them down then use those to program into the "new" ECM.

721 - 740 of 752 Posts