RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

141 - 144 of 144 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
I am watching this thread to see what the final outcome is. I would like to get a spare ECM and have a stock tune put on it, or copy the current GDE tune to it.
I still have two free services at the dealer but am hesitant to bring it as they'll probably want to do a software update and overwrite the tune.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I am sorry to report that I was not able to program the VIN in my used ECU with my Autel diagnostic tool . It says this function is not supported by the ECU.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
72 Posts
I contacted Sofa King last week and asked them about programming a used ECM to work in my truck. They said that they could do it for me, they said that they charge $150.00 for the service. I am still searching for a used ECM for my truck so I have not tried this service from them yet. Just figured I would post this info on the site to help others. If someone sends their ECM to them to have one program to their truck, can they PLEASE post it on the site.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I am sorry to report that I was not able to program the VIN in my used ECU with my Autel diagnostic tool
. It says this function is not supported by the ECU.
My direct experience (as reported previously in this thread), is that the engine will start and run smoothly for ~3 seconds with a mismatched VIN. It has been alleged that the immobilizer is the one shutting the engine down when the mismatch is detected. So, rather that banging our heads against the wall trying to reprogram the VIN, what about a strategy to turn off the immobilizer so that it won't shut down the engine. I couldn't care less if the VINs were mismatched as long as everything else worked normally.

141 - 144 of 144 Posts