RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, just thought I would introduce myself and my new truck. I have been keeping a close eye on this truck since they announced it and finally pulled the trigger Wednesday night. My original plan was to keep my Chevy 2500HD gasser mainly for towing duty and buying a commuter car for a DD. The fiance nixed that and said we would have too many vehicles :( ( do guys ever have enough). I currently have 2 Jeeps as well plus her car and my 17 year old sons truck. So in comes the perfect vehicle for what I wanted. I originally went in to the dealer to see if they had any in stock to test drive. He had 3. So we took it one for a drive. I could not have been more impressed with the power, comfort and ride.

I had planned on trying to order one, but was told that the ordering for 2014 models were closed. I wasn't sure how true that is, but being close to June it made sense. They then tried to locate one and found 2 at another dealership similar to what I was looking for. I looked at the build sheets and although they were close to my pre set price range, I couldn't pull the trigger. So then started negotiating on the one I drove. I'm not sure if they were tired of dealing with me or it was getting late since it was close to closing time, but they threw out an offer I couldn't pass up. So now I am the proud owner of 2014 Lonestar Edition (it's a Texas Thing). i believe its a known as the big horn elsewhere.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Congrats to you and a very nice looking truck. I recently bought one off the lot and took delivery on 5/2/2014. Mine is a white Bighorn 2WD Crew Cab. I have over 2000 miles on it and I've averaged over 26 MPG. Very happy to say the least and I'm sure you will be too!

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
They totally lied about orders being closed....

Nice truck!!

·
Registered
104 Posts
Congrats!

·
Registered
438 Posts
Nice!!! Enjoy!!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
They totally lied about orders being closed....

Nice truck!!
That Doesn't surprise me ;) The only real difference in this one and the one I wanted to order, is that I didn't want the back up camera and all the parking sensors, and uconnect stuff. But now I am glad I have them after a few days of getting used to them. So not really a big deal there plus I don't have to wait 8 weeks.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Nice truck, is there anything that makes the lonestar unique like "Lonestar" badging

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Nice truck, is there anything that makes the lonestar unique like "Lonestar" badging

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
When I asked about it, they basically said its a Big Horn Edition that they just call it a Lone Star in Texas. So nothing really special about it, just the badges.

·
Registered
13,966 Posts
You are right about learning to like that backup camera.

Nice truck.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts