RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm having trouble finding at what trim level do you get push button start or is it part of the comfort or luxury group?

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
It's the Laramie and up.

·
Registered
231 Posts
I know you have to have the remote start option and then you need to purchase one of the convenience groups as well. It was part of my Laramie package.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
anyway to add it to a Big Horn, from the factory or aftermarket? I plan to order comfort, luxury, and remote start. I was really looking forward to not having to dig keys out of my pocket.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I see it now, it is in the convenience group. so I guess I can't order it, any aftermarket?

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
I've heard of some companies that have stopped putting them in. And there have been some accidental deaths because people park, and get out of the car, without shutting it off. Not as easy to do on a truck... but a quiet car, it is.

I think it's cool, but I wouldn't pay extra for it.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
We have push button start on my wife's car. I'd easily pay $1500 not to have it.
Why dont you like it? my wifes car has it and i love it. her keys stay in her purse she just walks up grabs the door, opens, pushes the button and off she goes. if she wants to unlock all the doors there is a button on the door handle and as she is opening hers she hits it and all the doors open.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Why dont you like it? my wifes car has it and i love it. her keys stay in her purse she just walks up grabs the door, opens, pushes the button and off she goes. if she wants to unlock all the doors there is a button on the door handle and as she is opening hers she hits it and all the doors open.
There is a separate option for push button start and there is another option for "keyless entry-n-go"

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i thought they were both under the convenience group? Either way i can’t get it on a big horn right?

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Keys are as obsolete as CDs. We'll get used to keyless entry and starting. No more need to fumble around with the key in the dark and cold or switching the key to the accessory position just to use the radio. Push button ignitions have been around since the 50s and the latest versions are convenient, simple, secure and versatile. The fob does much more than just replace an annoying and troublesome key, it also reduces wiring and performs various other functions independent of starting the engine.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Keys are as obsolete as CDs. We'll get used to keyless entry and starting. No more need to fumble around with the key in the dark and cold or switching the key to the accessory position just to use the radio. Push button ignitions have been around since the 50s and the latest versions are convenient, simple, secure and versatile. The fob does much more than just replace an annoying and troublesome key, it also reduces wiring and performs various other functions independent of starting the engine.
Right you are as always, you eloquent bastard. Couldn't have said it better byself. That being said...when I was a little kid I ran a guy over with a vehicle because the keys were in the ignition. Kids shouldn't play alone in vehicles but crazier things have happened and imitating a button is much easier than keys. Much crazier things have happened.

Not to mention the shifting knob in stead of the lever lol...

·
Registered
48 Posts
I would have gotten the keyless push start if it were available in the lower trims but the Laramie and up are out of my budget.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Right you are as always, you eloquent bastard. ...
Eloquent Bastards would make a good band name.

Seen under M4W ads: Eloquent bastard seeks lithe lady for conjugating irregular verbs.
Watch out for those English majors! :eek:

You ran a guy over when you were a kid? Doesn't seem to have affected you at all. ;)

·
Registered
13,687 Posts
I have keyless entry in my '04 2500 Ram. I just leave a key in the ignition all the time and carry a small key fob to unlock the doors. Seriously. Been like that for decades.

That new computer key thing is a bummer for me. I like to keep a spare key behind the front bumper in a magnetic box. Also want another in my pocket, one for the wife and at least one more left at home. My bet is getting at least two more made will be both difficult and expensive. Then there's the issue of how big the whole thing is to carry in your pocket along with tons of other keys.

I think the whole thing is a big bummer.

·
Registered
58 Posts
That's funny, because I have a wife and I ask, "where are the keys for your car?' wife “I don't know I don't need keys for my car"

1 - 16 of 16 Posts