RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 95 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought my 15 ED big horn in aug. of 15 and my wife and I thought Wow, what a great truck. In 4 and 1/2 years, I've watched this truck go from 33-34 mph down highway at 70 with air blowing, to S%$t now because of dealer updates and taking the cheat devices off the software, I change all the fluids and filters myself except tranny fluid, and now see a guy on here is getting screwed by FCA because your not having the dealership do it. Well, some of us like to save money, FCA, but your gone be the bully and screw us as much as you can on this truck. Well, they've screwed me out of a cover for my grille, as I'm in Iowa and its a cold weather state but yet since my truck doesn't have a 3 digit code in the VIN, they're not gonna give me a cover and I'll be damned if I'm gonna spend the money on one, I want this fireball waiting to happen bought back. They say look at your coolant level and if its low, get it to the dealership. FU, I've done it once and its starting to get low again and its smelling hot when I shut it off, (75,000 miles on it so far) well, I hope the turd catches on fire this weekend as we're driving down interstate to KC for the weekend, I'm gonna stop motorists and say, you got any marshmallows handy? This is frickin ridiculous and you and I both know what its gonna take for them to recall these fireballs, someone or someone's child they couldn't get out of a child seat in time to die before they do ANYTHING about these dam trucks. I loved this truck when I first got it, but now, I'm waiting for the SOB to go up in flames. I'm lucky enough our kids are grown and gone but I'm thinking someone's not gonna be as fortunate. Is that what its gonna take for FCA to fix this mess?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well considering we're in a lawsuit with our local Chrysler/RAM dealer for our 15 RT+ shaker challenger that had 7000 miles on it when we bought it and they didn't disclose the dam thing being rebuilt, yea, I'm a little ticked off with Chrysler, period! I'm a Pontiac man thru and thru (have a bad ass 68 bird since high school) but since the government decided we needed to get rid of Pontiac and keep Buick to keep the Chinese happy, I switched to Mopar. But im ready to leave Mopar(will NOT go to Ford) and go back to GM I guess. Like I said, I hope this SOB goes up in flames tomorrow when we leave for KC. The insurance companies are gonna be the ones hopefully to get FCA to do something about this mess!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Man if I had the money.... I'd be buying these things, bringing them to Canada fully tuning and deleting them and selling them off. I'd love a heavily modded Ed.
I'll sell ya mine for a grand over the loan I got left. I owe almost 21K. She's yours for 22!

·
Registered
417 Posts
I bought my 15 ED big horn in aug. of 15 and my wife and I thought Wow, what a great truck. In 4 and 1/2 years, I've watched this truck go from 33-34 mph down highway at 70 with air blowing, to S%$t now because of dealer updates and taking the cheat devices off the software, I change all the fluids and filters myself except tranny fluid, and now see a guy on here is getting screwed by FCA because your not having the dealership do it. Well, some of us like to save money, FCA, but your gone be the bully and screw us as much as you can on this truck. Well, they've screwed me out of a cover for my grille, as I'm in Iowa and its a cold weather state but yet since my truck doesn't have a 3 digit code in the VIN, they're not gonna give me a cover and I'll be damned if I'm gonna spend the money on one, I want this fireball waiting to happen bought back. They say look at your coolant level and if its low, get it to the dealership. FU, I've done it once and its starting to get low again and its smelling hot when I shut it off, (75,000 miles on it so far) well, I hope the turd catches on fire this weekend as we're driving down interstate to KC for the weekend, I'm gonna stop motorists and say, you got any marshmallows handy? This is frickin ridiculous and you and I both know what its gonna take for them to recall these fireballs, someone or someone's child they couldn't get out of a child seat in time to die before they do ANYTHING about these dam trucks. I loved this truck when I first got it, but now, I'm waiting for the SOB to go up in flames. I'm lucky enough our kids are grown and gone but I'm thinking someone's not gonna be as fortunate. Is that what its gonna take for FCA to fix this mess?
Sounds like you haven't heard? There IS a recall and they are working on the improved part. After that you can bet that part will be bullet proof. They are handing out loaners like candy on Halloween if you want one. Sounds like you have a great truck with just one problem that they will fix. Have you ever heard of the app. Calm ?

·
Registered
778 Posts
FCA has been approving buybacks on the Ecodiesels since day one. Go to your local FCA dealer sales lot and pick out a nice new whatever. When the salesman comes out tell him you want him to buyback your ED 1500 and apply those funds to the new whatever. Easy peasy.

Some dealers may try to say they can't buyback your truck because it has an open recall. That's ok, just let them know they are not the only FCA dealer in the country and take your truck to the next dealer down the road. Keep doing this until you find a dealer who wants to deal. The end of the month when interest payments are due on inventory is usually the best time to approach them about your buyback.

Other dealers than FCA will also buyback your truck. And don't forget Carmax and Carvana, they actually make pretty good offers on buybacks.

And, if no one will offer you the 22k that you still owe, you can always take your truck and key fobs to your lender and let the vehicle go back.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I know about the recall but don't think the truck is gonna make it that long the way its been smelling lately and frankly I don't care. We shouldn't have to keep going thru this BS! The truck gets nothing like the mileage I got when we first had it, Its a turd outta the hole when its cold with this wonderful 17 software in it now, and to add insult to injury, Its a ticking time bomb. So I say, let it blow.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
FCA has been approving buybacks on the Ecodiesels since day one. Go to your local FCA dealer sales lot and pick out a nice new whatever. When the salesman comes out tell him you want him to buyback your ED 1500 and apply those funds to the new whatever. Easy peasy.

Some dealers may try to say they can't buyback your truck because it has an open recall. That's ok, just let them know they are not the only FCA dealer in the country and take your truck to the next dealer down the road. Keep doing this until you find a dealer who wants to deal. The end of the month when interest payments are due on inventory is usually the best time to approach them about your buyback.

Other dealers than FCA will also buyback your truck. And don't forget Carmax and Carvana, they actually make pretty good offers on buybacks.

And, if no one will offer you the 22k that you still owe, you can always take your truck and key fobs to your lender and let the vehicle go back.
Some guys just cant help themselves either to make themselves look like a fool!

·
Registered
4,390 Posts
Its clear your upset and likely exaggerating at least on some stuff. If your not happy with it sell it and move on.

Its not like they burst into fire balls, quit milking emotions, if it catches fire you will likely get more out of your insurance provider than any other avenue you could have taken would have netted.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Its clear your upset and likely exaggerating at least on some stuff. If your not happy with it sell it and move on.

Its not like they burst into fire balls, quit milking emotions, if it catches fire you will likely get more out of your insurance provider than any other avenue you could have taken would have netted.
I don't exaggerate on shit, number one! And who are you to say I'm milking emotions, DA? Have you eco fire 1.jpg eco fire 2.jpg seen the other trucks on here that have burned to the ground? wow, you think you know everything or just playing SA?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Better yet, just ask the guys whose trucks have burned down. This ain't no coincidence!

·
Registered
822 Posts
Better yet, just ask the guys whose trucks have burned down. This ain't no coincidence!
My truck burned ! No shit ... I had a truck catch fire in a coffee shop drive thru', so .... yes, it happens.

But .... mine was a 2000 Silverado and it happened when the truck was about a year old and it was due to a misplaced battery wiring retainer .....

So, they all can catch fire, and just because a couple of Rams have done so doesn't mean the world is ending.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
yep, just a deranged gear head that does know my head from ___ but I'll listen to you wanna be's tell me like it is! Some of ya outta know better but I'll take it for what it is! I'm bout done listening to this page. There's guys on here who know what they're talking bout and then there's a bunch of tire kickers!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Incase you lost track, that's bout 7 trucks in last 5 months, just on here, not facebook page like someone else said and I'm sure there's others out there too!.Oh and that's not including wrecks and other brands involved in wrecks. This is a RAM page, not GM, so we don't care that your GM caught on fire!

1 - 20 of 95 Posts