RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

21 - 40 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
4,090 Posts
yep, just a deranged gear head that does know my head from ___ but I'll listen to you wanna be's tell me like it is! Some of ya outta know better but I'll take it for what it is! I'm bout done listening to this page. There's guys on here who know what they're talking bout and then there's a bunch of tire kickers!
Better get back to kickin that tire...

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Sounds like you need to kick that tire MAS. Is that a space in there meaning you live at MA's or with MA? Just wondering. And Finn, I borrowed 10 grand on my loan a couple yrs ago as I had plenty a equity in it to buy a trans am (interest was at 1.99 vs 5.99 if I borrowed it for trans am) if ya really need to know or if ya don't know the whole story, Just shut your pie hole and keep scrolling. Easier said then done by some I guess!

·
Administrator
8,480 Posts
Getting back to the original post. I think we all understand you are not happy with your truck. Some like their truck and some don't. I'm not sure what anyone here can do for you and I'm not sure what you are expecting. I do know these types of threads tend to get ugly and I'm hoping it ends soon.

·
Registered
21 Posts
It was a cheap shot, I know. In all seriousness, I joined here recently to do some research because I was thinking / planning on buying an Ecodiesel. Some of the stuff going on with them has me thinking twice. Clearly you are not happy with your truck right now and nobody blames you. All they are saying is you have two choices, wait until they have a fix for the EGR or get rid of it and move on. You are the one that’s being abrasive with everybody.

·
Registered
717 Posts
A few years ago my wife wanted a foreign badged SUV. Against my advice she bought a 2016 diesel Jag F-Pace. Everything seemed fine until 22k miles when it blew an engine. Jag was great in replacing the engine under warranty. Well, at 32k miles it blew another. Again they were great in replacing the engine under warranty.

On the Jag F-Pace forum We were the only ones at the time to be experiencing those kind of problems. I assume we were having oil pressure problems caused by the variable oil pressure solenoid. We did not grouse or wait for a third engine to blow, we traded for an ED Grand Cherokee. The very SUV I had suggested in the first place. I promptly installed the appropriate reliability improvements and my wife has been happy ever since.

We all have had a turd of a vehicle that gives us nothing but problems. In our case we got rid of it and moved on. We could have sued or bellyached for a buyback, but that would have just caused ulcers and migraines.

To our surprise, when we checked our Carfax before trading, it was clean and did not divulge any of the major repairs that had been performed. Jaguar, more so than other dealers, takes their cars back in trade to sell again. To avoid devaluing the trades that they will be putting back on their lots, the service departments equivocate on Carfax reporting. We were able to get full clean trade on the Jag towards a substantially discounted GC. So, take Carfax and Autocheck reports with a grain of salt.

In summary, if you have a turd car trade or sell. When you have major warranty repairs, plead with the service department to list the repair as "Maintenace and test drive performed, all systems operating within specifications". I kid you not, that is what Jag reported for the blown engine replacement.

·
Registered
4,090 Posts
Sounds like you need to kick that tire MAS. Is that a space in there meaning you live at MA's or with MA? Just wondering. And Finn, I borrowed 10 grand on my loan a couple yrs ago as I had plenty a equity in it to buy a trans am (interest was at 1.99 vs 5.99 if I borrowed it for trans am) if ya really need to know or if ya don't know the whole story, Just shut your pie hole and keep scrolling. Easier said then done by some I guess!
I love my momma but ive been out from under her roof for quite some time raising my own family. Mine has been bought and paid for with my own hard earned money since it was new. (y)

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
A few years ago my wife wanted a foreign badged SUV. Against my advice she bought a 2016 diesel Jag F-Pace. Everything seemed fine until 22k miles when it blew an engine. Jag was great in replacing the engine under warranty. Well, at 32k miles it blew another. Again they were great in replacing the engine under warranty.

On the Jag F-Pace forum We were the only ones at the time to be experiencing those kind of problems. I assume we were having oil pressure problems caused by the variable oil pressure solenoid. We did not grouse or wait for a third engine to blow, we traded for an ED Grand Cherokee. The very SUV I had suggested in the first place. I promptly installed the appropriate reliability improvements and my wife has been happy ever since.

We all have had a turd of a vehicle that gives us nothing but problems. In our case we got rid of it and moved on. We could have sued or bellyached for a buyback, but that would have just caused ulcers and migraines.

To our surprise, when we checked our Carfax before trading, it was clean and did not divulge any of the major repairs that had been performed. Jaguar, more so than other dealers, takes their cars back in trade to sell again. To avoid devaluing the trades that they will be putting back on their lots, the service departments equivocate on Carfax reporting. We were able to get full clean trade on the Jag towards a substantially discounted GC. So, take Carfax and Autocheck reports with a grain of salt.

In summary, if you have a turd car trade or sell. When you have major warranty repairs, plead with the service department to list the repair as "Maintenace and test drive performed, all systems operating within specifications". I kid you not, that is what Jag reported for the blown engine replacement.
Thank you, Dieselfever. That's all I wanted was some decent replies, I might get aggravated a little but some guys just gotta rub ya wrong even more, but back to the post, yea, I went from loving this truck at first, to hoping it goes up in flames now. Guess maybe we'll see tomorrow on way to KC. Ya'll have a nice day now! LOL

·
Administrator
8,480 Posts
Thank you, Dieselfever. That's all I wanted was some decent replies, I might get aggravated a little but some guys just gotta rub ya wrong even more, but back to the post, yea, I went from loving this truck at first, to hoping it goes up in flames now. Guess maybe we'll see tomorrow on way to KC. Ya'll have a nice day now! LOL
Have a great trip and stay safe.

·
Registered
4,091 Posts
LOL ..... the sky is falling, the sky is falling ...

Sheesh man ... just drive it. You could slip on a patch of ice and spend the rest of your life eating thru' a straw ... but that's not likely either :)
I like how you think. And you're correct, a fire is extremely unlikely. Yet another Ram owner succumbs to internet paranoia.

Either worry less or offload the truck. Either way, life is too short man.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Doubtful you are smelling the EGR cooler issue. My suggestion is to sign up for the stern law lawsuit. Join AAA premium for roadside and trip interruption protection. Drive the truck and see what happens. Worry less but be prepared to let i burn.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Well, that was entertaining. Sorta like therapy for Chill. Hope he feels better.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I don't exaggerate on shit, number one! And who are you to say I'm milking emotions, DA? Have you View attachment 85344 View attachment 85345 seen the other trucks on here that have burned to the ground? wow, you think you know everything or just playing SA?
Sure other trucks and vehicles burn.... I’ve personally seen a Silverado in flames recently as well as a Toyota mini van. Like others said, maybe you should just sell it and move on.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Im waiting for mine to go here soon. Im scared where i park it.Especially when Im bringing in groceries or whatever and i park by my front door to unload. Just had another motor put in not 5,000 miles ago.(motor #4) Do you think they would have topped off my coolant during an engine replacement. I have been calling them but the dealer is avoiding me :cry:. Anyway i just received that letter last week and checked my coolant level and is way below the line maybe at 25% left :cool:. Just changed insurance to a lower deductible. Burn baby Burn

·
Registered
62 Posts
Mine caught fire about a year ago this April. Was towing my toyhauler on our first trip of the season. I reported the problem on the NHTSA web page and while there decided to check if others had similar problems. I found 30 other fire reports. Evidently there's been a rash of additional reports to get the government involved causing FCA to initiate a recall. I did notice that the majority of the fires involved towing at the time. hauling a load increases engine temps and ethylene glycol will ignite when it flashes over to steam.

·
Administrator
8,480 Posts
Im waiting for mine to go here soon. Im scared where i park it.Especially when Im bringing in groceries or whatever and i park by my front door to unload. Just had another motor put in not 5,000 miles ago.(motor #4) Do you think they would have topped off my coolant during an engine replacement. I have been calling them but the dealer is avoiding me :cry:. Anyway i just received that letter last week and checked my coolant level and is way below the line maybe at 25% left :cool:. Just changed insurance to a lower deductible. Burn baby Burn
Engine #4? Sum Ting Wong.

21 - 40 of 76 Posts