RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

81 - 95 of 95 Posts

·
Registered
334 Posts
yea any car can go up in flames with the right conditions.But how many get it in writing from the manufacture without a fix. I researched this truck for months before i bought it. had to drive 8 hours away to find one with this motor. New York was sold out at the time. I truly did love this truck till the first motor went and even after I believed it was a fluke. No vehicles up here in the Snowbelt ever lose motors with proper maintenance. the salt will eat the frame long before that happens. Had it undercoated. put in bed liner, all weather floor mats, tall truck cap(color matched), rear air bags, sheep skin seat covers(they are the most comfy seat covers and extremely durable)installed pre heat plug, installed slotted rotors and ceramic pads. I had plans to do even more. This should have lasted 10 years minimum. I used to have a lead foot, but now i drive like an old man. no offense to some of the old men on here :). The wife's jeep is not having near the issues oil changes brakes and tires as should be expected for any car in the first 5 years.
NP. I drive like an old man because I am an old man. Imitation is a form of flattery. Thanks. ;)

·
Registered
350 Posts
I tried selling/trading my 2014 Tradesman Eco w/ 95,000 miles to two different dealers here in Vermont...one offer was $11,000 and the other $9,000! What a f&%king joke. I owe $14,000 in it. So I can't even get rid of it if I wanted to. Yes, I'm experiencing all the negatives after the V08. Just hasn't caught fire...yet.
Anybody who"trades" and thinks they will even get Close to what its actual value is dreaming big time. Or as you say "What a f&%king joke" :( . Of course they will sell it and make 3- $5000 or more on it. Its what they do and its no surprise to the educated.

·
Registered
139 Posts
I tried selling/trading my 2014 Tradesman Eco w/ 95,000 miles to two different dealers here in Vermont...one offer was $11,000 and the other $9,000! What a f&%king joke. I owe $14,000 in it. So I can't even get rid of it if I wanted to. Yes, I'm experiencing all the negatives after the V08. Just hasn't caught fire...yet.
Funny you should mention this.

I had an offer from my dealer (in the mail) offering me $29K for '15 Limited at the end of the year (offer expired 1/4/2020). I literally just received another "offer" (in the mail) for $23K. 😳

I have no idea when it expires because I threw it in the trash as soon as I saw the number.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Better yet, just ask the guys whose trucks have burned down. This ain't no coincidence!

It's obvious the that the ones telling you to chill and calm down. Have never been BURNED by FCA. But I have and still am. It's a crying shame. Literally! I'm ready to burst into flames myself. My truck has been in repair for going on 4 months now. For the first three months I had a compact teeny tiny car. I lost thousands of dollars because I can't pull my welding trailer with a car. But FCA still expects me to make my truck payment on time. Finally the day comes my truck is ready for pickup. Get 1 mile down the road and it's in limp mode already. Check under the head. All my fluid levels EMPTY!! How in the world are you going to service someone 60,000 dollar vehicle and not fill the fluids. I always change my filter fluids on time or before I do it myself. So to have such blatin laziness is such a disgrace. Myself and family are suffering tremendously because of this crap. I get it man I truly do. I just hope these guys never have to go through the same ordeals we are experiencing. Other wise they might have a little more sympathy for our situation. But to be honest I don't wish it on my worst enemy! Good luck bro I hope your situation gets resolved sooner than later! God speed.

·
Registered
312 Posts
It's obvious the that the ones telling you to chill and calm down. Have never been BURNED by FCA. But I have and still am. It's a crying shame. Literally! I'm ready to burst into flames myself. My truck has been in repair for going on 4 months now. For the first three months I had a compact teeny tiny car. I lost thousands of dollars because I can't pull my welding trailer with a car. But FCA still expects me to make my truck payment on time. Finally the day comes my truck is ready for pickup. Get 1 mile down the road and it's in limp mode already. Check under the head. All my fluid levels EMPTY!! How in the world are you going to service someone 60,000 dollar vehicle and not fill the fluids. I always change my filter fluids on time or before I do it myself. So to have such blatin laziness is such a disgrace. Myself and family are suffering tremendously because of this crap. I get it man I truly do. I just hope these guys never have to go through the same ordeals we are experiencing. Other wise they might have a little more sympathy for our situation. But to be honest I don't wish it on my worst enemy! Good luck bro I hope your situation gets resolved sooner than later! God speed.
One word for you : Lawsuit

Breach of warranty. Part of the Magnuson-Moss act is having a reasonable time for repair, and FCA has failed you miserably. Not to mention not giving you a comparable loaner. You can claim lost wages, damages and all of that. FCA will not make it right on their own.

·
Registered
11 Posts
One word for you : Lawsuit

Breach of warranty. Part of the Magnuson-Moss act is having a reasonable time for repair, and FCA has failed you miserably. Not to mention not giving you a comparable loaner. You can claim lost wages, damages and all of that. FCA will not make it right on their own.

I'm very aware. I've had an ongoing case for 3 yrs now. I was part of a class action. Opted out now suing as a private party.

·
Registered
725 Posts
It's obvious the that the ones telling you to chill and calm down. Have never been BURNED by FCA.
I just hope these guys never have to go through the same ordeals we are experiencing. Other wise they might have a little more sympathy for our situation.
No, it's not that we haven't been thru' it at some time, nor that we have no sympathy. I have personally been down a similar road in the past, BUT ....

90+% of these trucks have no major issues, so the odds of making it thru' your vehicle lifetime without impersonating Jeanne D'Arc is pretty good, AND once you do have an issue, hissy fits aren't going to help solve the issue, so why waste the energy ?

·
Registered
31 Posts
FU, I've done it once and its starting to get low again and its smelling hot when I shut it off, (75,000 miles on it so far) well, I hope the turd catches on fire this weekend as we're driving down interstate to KC for the weekend, I'm gonna stop motorists and say, you got any marshmallows handy?
Whatever you do, when this thing lights up, don't roast marshmallows. This blog post explains why. https://fcaecodieselfraud.com/blog/f/if-your-ecodiesel-catches-fire-dont-toast-marshmallows.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Sorry you're so upset with your ED. I've got a 2016 and am about to turn 105,000 miles and have only had an
EGR Cooler failure at 35,000 miles which was covered by a service contract I purchased when I bought the used
truck. I've had the AEM performed and am waiting for the new recall cooler to be available. But, I have not seen
any degradation in the fuel economy since the update which was done at 87,000 miles, performance hasn't changed and I pull a boat to MN from TX twice a year and average between 15 mpg and 18 mpg depending on how the wind blows. Actual City/Hwy mileage calculated from the fuel used, not the readout is 20/26. I'm extremely happy with my truck and am looking forward to trading it on a used low mileage 2020 or 2021 ED that someone has traded in because they probably shouldn't have purchased a Diesel in the first place. I believe the many problems (not all) that we've seen on the forum are the result of people operating the Ecodiesel like a gas engine and they just will not live long operating
that way. Just my input and opinion.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Sorry you're so upset with your ED. I've got a 2016 and am about to turn 105,000 miles and have only had an
EGR Cooler failure at 35,000 miles which was covered by a service contract I purchased when I bought the used
truck. I've had the AEM performed and am waiting for the new recall cooler to be available. But, I have not seen
any degradation in the fuel economy since the update which was done at 87,000 miles, performance hasn't changed and I pull a boat to MN from TX twice a year and average between 15 mpg and 18 mpg depending on how the wind blows. Actual City/Hwy mileage calculated from the fuel used, not the readout is 20/26. I'm extremely happy with my truck and am looking forward to trading it on a used low mileage 2020 or 2021 ED that someone has traded in because they probably shouldn't have purchased a Diesel in the first place. I believe the many problems (not all) that we've seen on the forum are the result of people operating the Ecodiesel like a gas engine and they just will not live long operating
that way. Just my input and opinion.
I pretty much have the same thoughts. I love my truck and always did. But I'm scared it will never be the same again they took my can off three times the first time I the shop. No telling how mNy now. It's back in the shop and i haven't heard from the shop in 2 wks now. My loaner situation is better. They put me in a 2020 Jeep. So I don't mind running the miles down on it vs miles on my truck. But it's still not my truck not 2 mention my family and I have to take 2 cars anywhere we go because we all don't fit in the Jeep. My truck had just enough seat belts for us all. I just really can't condict my business and everyday life without my truck. It's been a real life changer. Possibly my midlife crisis. And I see where your coming from but I'm a maintenance technician by trade welder by night. So I can asure you I do everything to keep my vehicles and tools for that matter running in tip top condition. And ran the way they should.

·
Registered
525 Posts
Whatever you do, when this thing lights up, don't roast marshmallows. This blog post explains why. https://fcaecodieselfraud.com/blog/f/if-your-ecodiesel-catches-fire-dont-toast-marshmallows.
No shit. Did anyone think that actually roasting marshmellows over melting plastic was a good idea? I don't need some idiotic blogger to tell me that.

IF the truck ever starts on fire here is the procedure.... Pull over, get out and walk away. Not like you are flying a jet and need 20 minutes just to get the thing on the ground (not even on an airport mind you). A fire in an aircraft changes one's perspective.

81 - 95 of 95 Posts