RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys new hear and first question. I have a 2011 F350 6.7 and I'm considering making the switch. I only tow a 18ft 5k toyhauler and won't buy any bigger. So while the truck works insanly good for the tow job it's overkill for the rest of my life. Here is my question. I've been lurking and see that alot of people add air bags to their ED. I'm making the assumption that they are not ordering the airbag option when buying their truck correct? If i purchase one with the airlift suspension I'm assuming that between the airlift and WD hitch I should be fine correct? Thanks for the help. I'm thinking I may test drive one but I know it will be so much better than my F350 for 95% of what i need it for and then my wife will kill me!

·
Registered
104 Posts
You are correct. I have the factory air suspension and when I hook up my 27' travel trailer (6-7,000lbs depending on gear) it auto levels with no sag. I put a WD hitch on it as well. It does the job well.

·
Registered
508 Posts
I tow my TT 7300lbs with my ED Ram cc 6.4 bed with air system with out any WD bars. It pulls just great. Am I screwing up with no WD bars? I have been doing this for 10 yrs. With my 2004 3500 Ram.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I am not an expert by any means but I would assume the 3500 would have a better suspension more able to handle the extra load. The WD are nice for spreading that out over the lighter suspension in the half ton and my set up also helps with sway.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Izzy is right, my dad has always had HD trucks and doesn't use weight distribution bars, but on the half ton they will make your life easier.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts