RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know what the part number is for the newly redesigned EGR Cooler? Got my ECO diesel back today after almost 2 months sitting at dealer for EGR cooler leak and the service advisor said I got the newly redesigned parts in it now that are for the safety recall...The part numbers show 68483334AA (cooler egr valve) and 68395635AA (bushing) and 68211320AA (gasket egr tube) and 68150060AA (O Ring) on my paperwork...

·
Registered
720 Posts
You are not the first one who has been misinformed. The new part is not supposed to hit the shelves until late Spring. Your service department is blowing sunshine up your arse.

·
Administrator
8,497 Posts
The part numbers show 68483334AA (cooler egr valve) and 68395635AA (bushing) and 68211320AA (gasket egr tube) and 68150060AA (O Ring) on my paperwork...
Mopar parts sites state "This part is discontinued. It is no longer available for purchase. "
Mopar Part No.: 68483334AA

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the information and advice everyone...Kinda disheartening to see that part # is discontinued. Guess i'm probably still driving a possible fire bomb..

I will check with the Vin # on the website next week some time...

I want to trade the truck in, but I doubt anyone would take it without the safety recall completed. Sucks, because I like the truck a lot, just don't want the headaches and having to worry about voiding the warranty with a tune...

·
Registered
251 Posts
Take it back to the dealer that did the install and trade it in there. Tell them the recall has been done and expect top dollar for the trade. If the sale person fights you take him to the service manager and have him tell the salesman the recall was fixed, just like he told you.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Also, as far as I know, the last 2 letters are the revision code. Everything you listed is an AA so it is not a revised part.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Also, as far as I know, the last 2 letters are the revision code. Everything you listed is an AA so it is not a revised part.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That's why I was figuring the Service Advisor was blowing smoke up my arse. The only part # on the paperwork with an AB at the end was the Antifreeze. I even pointed it out to him that those look like old part #s with the AA at the end, but he still stuck with his story that it is the newly redesigned parts...

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Take it back to the dealer that did the install and trade it in there. Tell them the recall has been done and expect top dollar for the trade. If the sale person fights you take him to the service manager and have him tell the salesman the recall was fixed, just like he told you.
Good ideal!!!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Maybe I did get the newly redesigned parts? I found another guy that just got his EGR replaced as well, and he was also told the recall fix was done with newly designed parts by a different dealership...He had same part #s put in his as mine did on his paperwork...

Also, I found these old part #s from June, 2018 where a guy had his EGR replaced and they look totally different than what they put in mine...

Old part #s -
Egr Cooler 68239570-AC
Bushing 68150065-AB
one O Ring 68150060-AA
other O Ring 68150058-AA

·
Registered
59 Posts
Maybe I did get the newly redesigned parts? I found another guy that just got his EGR replaced as well, and he was also told the recall fix was done with newly designed parts by a different dealership...He had same part #s put in his as mine did on his paperwork...

Also, I found these old part #s from June, 2018 where a guy had his EGR replaced and they look totally different than what they put in mine...

Old part #s -
Egr Cooler 68239570-AC
Bushing 68150065-AB
one O Ring 68150060-AA
other O Ring 68150058-AA

Did you check the recall status for your VIN to see if it's cleared? Official Mopar Site | Service, Parts, Accessories & More

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
While you were waiting for the repair/fix were you provided a loaner vehicle per the AEM?
I was provided a loaner the entire time it was at the Dealer. My Ecodiesel is a 2017 RAM Bighorn with 26K miles so not sure if it was covered by AEM? I think the manufacturer warranty covered the loaner...

·
Registered
21 Posts

Old part #s -
Egr Cooler 68239570-AC
Bushing 68150065-AB
one O Ring 68150060-AA
other O Ring 68150058-AA

FCA US will conduct a voluntary safety recall on all affected vehicles to replace the EGR cooler with a new EGR cooler (part number 68483334AA) that is not susceptible to thermal fatigue. In the event the intake manifold is damaged, the intake manifold will be replaced.

Part Comment: The remedy component (part number 68483334AA) is an improved EGR cooler.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

FCA US will conduct a voluntary safety recall on all affected vehicles to replace the EGR cooler with a new EGR cooler (part number 68483334AA) that is not susceptible to thermal fatigue. In the event the intake manifold is damaged, the intake manifold will be replaced.

Part Comment: The remedy component (part number 68483334AA) is an improved EGR cooler.

Thanks. That's good information...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Some clarity on the "new" EGR cooler part number.
I talked to the local service manager, with a visit to him to just discuss Eco's.
He has one himself and seemed up to be up to date on the whole situation.
Mine is a 2016 Limited, 57,000 miles, untuned, had the AEM in May and a replacement cooler in June, after filling the coolant daily on the way home from Idaho to Tennessee, when it nearly overheated one cool morning in Idaho.
Thanks so much to this forum for describing how the de-gas bottle will expel coolant due to over pressure from a malfunctioning EGR cooler.

Service manager confirmed there is the next flash soon.

The cooler part number replaced on mine was 68445601AA. Obviously. different from the one mentioned above and in the NHTSA report 19V-757. Manager said that part number would just be an interim fix, and wouldn't count as having the recall completed. He said the new part (not yet available) would end with AB or AC, indicating a significant update.
He said FCA had a dealer incentive to purchase late 2018s and early 2019s which this dealer did, followed by an immediate no-sale order. He said they had 8 brand new ones sitting out back. He said he had nearly as many non-runners with leaking coolers waiting for parts. He said he didn't have a waiting list, as such, but it would be a scramble to fix the dealer's ones and the customers ones, before fixing one like mine that's still running. He has been told the new part would be available late first quarter 2020, so maybe in March.

Finally, some good news. He said he'd only seen one engine fire, and that was from someone who had work done on fuel rails/lines that have single use fittings, that were improperly re-used by someone. He said they have had no instance of bearing failures. Maybe they use the correct oil. Lastly, he had only had to replace one reluctor ring.

He confirmed that soot is an ongoing problem, but says they have a $900 cleaning of the intake manifold that frees up the butterflies and a sensor that is in the intake. Not sure about that. He recommends it about every 60,000 miles. Maybe I'll wait until that particular sensor throws a code.

Love this forum.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts