RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live in Canada and have the original Hot Tune from GDE that I got over 4 years ago and have absolutely zero complaints. I am thinking about adding the trans tune and possibly going all the way to the off-road tune.

I already have the hardware for the off-road tune but my mechanic has mentioned that the truck will get noisier. He doesn’t know how much noisier.

Could someone who has the off-road tune comment on the noise increase and also perhaps comment how much of a difference there is between the Hot tune and the Off-road tune. I am not concerned with the EPA (as I said, I live in Canada) or warranty. Just trying to decide. Thanks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,121 Posts
Just removing the dpf and doc wont make much difference sound wise I didnt notice much if any difference but my hearing is not great. Just keep the muffler and resonators in place and go with a quality race pipe like the turbo back from T&S which is far superior to a down pipe back. Eliminating the stock down pipe and adding a bigger better flex joint help reduce nvh and get rid of a potential fail point.

·
Registered
4,582 Posts
Engine noise should be the same. Keep the stock muffler and the exhaust won't be much louder than stock. It's the route I'll go when I delete the exhaust emissions. No muffler is too loud for me.

Reactions: Ecosparky

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
I'm in the same position. I have the T&S turbo back sitting in the garage waiting for a day I can send my ECM to GDE for the Off Road adder.
Time is my only issue.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have the off road tune, left the stock muffler in. Not much difference in sound.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I don't have the transmission tune yet. It's a great tune, worth every dime.

It's nice the figured out how to give us the tune with the flash tool too. Makes it much easier to install the initial tune, and updates down the road.

·
Registered
4,582 Posts
If anyone up north ever decides to sell their ECM with the GDE offroad tune installed, I'm an eager buyer. I can even set you up with a stock ECM with your VIN and injector codes.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts