RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How long does it take to reprogram your brain to twist the dial vs. grabbing a shift lever? :)

·
Registered
230 Posts
As soon as you want to turn down the volume and throw it in park by mistake....brain programed!

Sent from my SGH-I317M using Tapatalk

·
Registered
50 Posts
I've had mine for 2 weeks. Not used to it yet. I often forget to switch to park before I shut the engine off. I never did that with any other vehicle.

I've also turned up the radio once trying to switch to Drive.

Its not that I don't like it ... just different.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Had it less than a week. Want to grab the nonexistent column shift lever half the time!!

·
Registered
241 Posts
I am like EcoDieselCanada and when I pull it into my garage I turn the darn thing off. I do like the auto correct that automatically puts it into park. I am getting it now for the most part after two weeks. I am used to turning the radio up with the controls on the back of the steering wheel as my old truck had this so not making the mistake of turning the knob when I want to turn the radio up.

·
Registered
13,683 Posts
Do not like the whole idea of an automatic transmission.

First I turned the key to the right while the engine was running - twice - thinking I was putting it in gear. Then I tried to turn the shifter knob to start it more than once. Smashed the front of my truck into the front of the garage twice. Crushed an aluminum ladder doing it once. Can't remember to have my foot on that brake. Then today I somehow got the darn thing in reverse, no brake foot and backed into the garage door. Darn thing takes off without me controlling it.

That also means I can't get the darn thing to shift gears. Never heard of having to step on the brake to do so many things. My take is all that computer control is going to fail and fail soon. This thing will NOT last long with all the computer controls.

You can't drift along easily in neutral as I'm used to coming to slow-downs. Darn thing downshifts and stops me before I want to stop. Then I have to deal with that darn auto correct feature most times when turning off the truck. You can't get the darn thing out of gear or the key out unless you turn the whole mess back on.

I'm getting real negative with this whole transmission thing. Better invest in new brake pads and discs because driving this thing is going to wear them out way before I'm used to wearing out brakes. How long? I sold my Cummins 2500 with 214,000 miles and original brakes that look super on the back and one replacement front only because a wheel bearing went out.

·
Registered
273 Posts
:D Funny funny funny......................."user interfaces" for Ram trucks are following those of newer cars and lots of other things too. Darn iPhone upgrades keep me having to retrain my brain every time I do something I haven't done in while. Same issue for an Acura MDX we have. The keyless ignition may sound simple, but I've hit it twice (or forgot to) and then try to drive off. I just chalked up my experiences to the ID-10T errors...........................

1 - 8 of 8 Posts