RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there and thanks for having me…
Picked up a 2015 Ram Eco, very nice truck! Torn between leaving it bone stock or not?
Just curious about several mods and need some expert advice..

I'm thinking of doing intake, exhaust, and MP8… to get some more power and to see how far I can push the fuel economy.

1. Biggest question.. Is the MP8 safe??? I can't afford for me to mess up my dream truck. Looks legit from what is advertised.
no footprint, boost HP, and Torque.. just what I'm looking for. It sells between 450-500 dollars.

2. Intake...I have seen on this forum some people saying that cotton and oil filters are horrible and dangerous to the engine.
My question is.. well the only intakes I see all appear to be just that so where would I pick up something that is good and safe and what type would it be.

3. Exhaust… I'm just wanting to flow more air and get a good sound. Not looking to go loud, but I would like to hear my turbo..
I only see several brands, and I might go with Magnaflow if there 2014 will fit my 2015. Should fit right?

4. Honestly, my ultimate dream would be this Barnes kit they have for the Cummins. I saw that a kit might be in the near future. If that is the case I would love to hold off and just get that because It's everything I'm looking for and more. Intake, exhaust, Chip, and real nice intercoolers with piping. If anyone knows about this please please let me know… or anything similar.

Hey thanks for taking your time to read my mess. Hoping to learn more and keep this truck running forever! Thanks

·
Registered
2,332 Posts
I would not worry about mod's till I have a few thousand miles on it. Then I would decide what needs improving.;)

·
Registered
396 Posts
1. There will be a lot of opinions about tuners. I will install one but it seems like they still have some sorting out to do. I will wait 6 months to a year.
2. With out deleting the DPF you will be wasting your money other than sound.
3. There are several threads and studies showing intakes are a waste of money and do nothing. Again some still buy them.
Probably not what you wanted to hear. Go ahead and get the tuner. More real world reports are needed before I get one.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you for the suggestions..Also I didn't mean to say Barnes.. I was thinking guns lol. The kit I was trying to say was by Banks Power, The Big Hoss kit but it's for the 6.7. Best looking and most interesting thing I've seen.. They just need to make it for the Eco.

·
Registered
4,238 Posts
3. Exhaust… I'm just wanting to flow more air and get a good sound. Not looking to go loud, but I would like to hear my turbo..
I only see several brands, and I might go with Magnaflow if there 2014 will fit my 2015. Should fit right?
You will be disappointed with any of the exhaust systems, as many have reported no increase in sound. This is because the turbo, catalytic and DPF do an extraordinary job of muffling the engine.

·
Registered
362 Posts
You will be disappointed with any of the exhaust systems, as many have reported no increase in sound. This is because the turbo, catalytic and DPF do an extraordinary job of muffling the engine.
Aftermarket exhaust will reduce weight, some say around 50 lbs. but may very by model. Also enhance the looks of the truck. Imo. You might get a better sound but hard to say without hearing it. Doubt you will get much performance upgrade. But if you combined the tuner with intake and exhaust you will get some gains in power.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts