RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a few questions which I hope someone can answer. With the EPA shutting vendors down, could a person go with the Banks derringer and install block off plates on the egr to lengthen the life of their truck and still have some power gain when they needed it? The other question is the tuning of the ecu thru the obd2 port compared to sending it in to get a reflash. Are they the same with the tunes changed or are there things that can only be done bench flashing compared to obd2? I have tried to figure this out and thought I’d ask people that are smarter than me. I have had the AEM upgrade done and do not like how the truck runs now.

·
Registered
2,315 Posts
1) You will need some kind of tune. Banks is not a tuner.
2) From what I interpret from GDE, the current OBDII tuning tools can not go as deep into the ECM as bench tuning. I assume that is probably one of the reasons both PPEI and GDE stopped working on a OBDII tuning tool.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you. Was hoping with the egr blocked but still hooked up I would not get any code. Just trying to fool it.

·
Registered
3,792 Posts
Banks does not turn off the EGR so you'd get a CEL if you tried to block it off. Banks is not a tune, just sensor trickery.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok, thank you. Might just sit back and see what happens after the EPA is all done.����

1 - 6 of 6 Posts