RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI guys my radiator fan dont work i test every fuses all goods the car hve 12v when engine is off if start the car going to 13.v i saw Little wire in the plug what is?

how can test manualy the fan?
somebody have real fuse diagram
my car is 2wd eco diesel 2014
thanks

·
Registered
39 Posts
HI guys my radiator fan dont work i test every fuses all goods the car hve 12v when engine is off if start the car going to 13.v i saw Little wire in the plug what is?

how can test manualy the fan?
somebody have real fuse diagram
my car is 2wd eco diesel 2014
thanks
My fan has been running non stop the last week. Seems odd. It runs constantly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,125 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
I'll be it is just bad. Mine failed while towing our 30 ft airstream. NO A/C heat on careful driving. no hills drove it 25 miles with no fan.

·
Registered
632 Posts
Have you checked the large 100amp fuse on the battery post? A common culprit, especially if other accessories are attached to it.

·
Super Moderator
2,517 Posts
It’s low, towards the bottom of the tank

If the coolant level in the bottle is in the bottom of the tank the level in the radiator could possibly be low. The bottle does not completely drain as the level in the radiator drops as found out by Vern a while back. It could also be the reason the fan does not operate. So check the coolant level in the radiator.

Second with the A/C on the fan should run. If not the first place to check is the fuse as mentioned in the post above.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
If the coolant level in the bottle is in the bottom of the tank the level in the radiator could possibly be low. The bottle does not completely drain as the level in the radiator drops as found out by Vern a while back. It could also be the reason the fan does not operate. So check the coolant level in the radiator.

Second with the A/C on the fan should run. If not the first place to check is the fuse as mentioned in the post above.
thanks the cooolant level in bootle its high not low when turn on the ac ,,...no starts
witih fan unpluged i test the harness 12v with truck off 13v with car on... if i remove the nut on positive terminal on battery no power on grey plug so i think fuse is working?

i dont know what test i can make my scanner its cheap dont have option fan test :(

·
Registered
3,125 Posts
It’s low, towards the bottom of the tank

for Nola :
IMPORTANT ! get some coolant ASAP , get the right kind , it is written on the cap of the degas bottle ,
<< if you can't get coolant , at least fill with Distilled water : $1 / gallon at Walmard >> it could save your engine .
A heads-up : when removing the cap , if the engine is cold , there is a sucsion effect and cap is hard to turn , it even came apart for some people ,
if you can't remove it , get the engine warm a little , then it willl turn .
your engine and Rad are low on coolant , that is the reason your fan in on all the time .next is head gasket failure and you do not want that ...
once you will have filled the bottle , the engine and rad will come and get the coolant from the bottle ,
so you will have to fill it more than once , the coolant should be kept higher than the seem in the plastic tank ( degas bottle).
read first post in this thread , : https://www.ram1500diesel.com/forum/ram-1500-diesel-maintenance/49297-ram-ed-cooling-systems.html
there are a few reasons why your coolant is low
-EGR cooler failure , a few different failures from that unit .( the worst one sends coolant in your exhaust , and clogs your expensive DOC/DPF canister)
-the water pump leaking
-the tube under the intake that takes coolant to the turbo has rubber O-rings that fail and leak , so hot ubder there ,
that coolant evaporates , so you don't see leaks , but over time it will leak more and trickle down the back of the engine
and then you can see traces of pink residue going all the way to the side of the transmission .

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
radiator fan fail pls help me pwm wire 1volt

hi i have 14 3.0 2wd eco diesel i feel no ac i open Hood and fan no Works we check every fuse i test the grey plug,the grey plug have 12v car off 13s car with car running the grey plug have ground n positive the pwm wire have 1volt i test pwm wire with ground of grey plug marks 1volt

what you think ? bad fan? i test similar fan of bmw with similar system 3 wires dont run the bmw fan too am not sure if bmw fan Works just friend have one in garage n he give me favor just for test.

thanks for your help

·
Super Moderator
3,763 Posts
To check pwm you need a rms meter
You might see some form of a reading(probably good enough to determine if the fan should be running), but RMS is typically for an AC signal. The PWM signal to the fan motor is DC
To accurately measure a PWM signal you need an oscilloscope (doesn't everyone owns one of these???) or a meter capable of reading duty cycle.
https://www.fluke.com/en-us/learn/best-practices/test-tools-basics/digital-multimeters/how-to-measure-duty-cycle-with-a-digital-multimeter

·
Administrator
8,200 Posts
hi i have 14 3.0 2wd eco diesel i feel no ac i open Hood and fan no Works we check every fuse i test the grey plug,the grey plug have 12v car off 13s car with car running the grey plug have ground n positive the pwm wire have 1volt i test pwm wire with ground of grey plug marks 1volt

what you think ? bad fan? i test similar fan of bmw with similar system 3 wires dont run the bmw fan too am not sure if bmw fan Works just friend have one in garage n he give me favor just for test.

thanks for your help
Have you checked the large 100amp fuse on the battery post as John Jensen mentioned?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts